Can I brush your hair?

A/N: This was a cute one I thought up while thinking about ACOWAR! Feyre is trying to fix her hair and her mate wants to help.

Feyre POV:

I was sitting on my vanity, trying to brush through the giant mess that was my hair. Rhys and I had woken up slowly, and late, due to last night's....activities. My hair was sticking out in every direction. I was desperately trying to make it less poofy and it was no use. Hairspray just seemed to make it worse, and any brush or comb that I used just got stuck in my hair. Just then Rhysand came out of the shower, hair tousled with just a towel around his waist. He looked extremely attractive, and it took me most of my self control not to get up and go to him, but I first needed to fix my hair that currently looked like a bird burrowed in it.

Rhys smiled at me and said, "Having trouble with something, are we?"

I stuck my tongue out at him and mumbled, "Maybe."

"Here, let me towel off and put some clothes on and then I'll help you." He spoke with seriousness, and it warmed my heart, my mate doing something this simple for me.

I teasingly winked at him, and smirked."I wouldn't mind you in this state."

Rhys just laughed and went to change. Two minutes later, he was in his usual black clothes and pulled up a chair to my vanity. He started to pull all the random pins from my hair that I never knew I had, and proceeded to brush my hair. He went in with surprising gentleness, his hand holding my hair in place, while he brushed through it slowly, pausing to get some stray knots out, but never hurting me.

"You are better at brushing hair than I am." I shockingly said to him.

He chuckled and replied, "I used to style my sister's hair all the time, and she always wanted me to. That's how I got so good at doing people's hair."

I held his hand and pressed a kiss to it. "Well I know you will make my hair the most beautiful it's been."

Rhys kissed my forehead and set off to work. His hands moved through my hair, picking up different strands and crossing them and swooping them. He braided half of my hair, then put it up in a beautiful bun. Then he took sections of my hair and braided it on the top, for a headband effect. The finishing look was amazing.

I faced him, and whispered in his ear, "I love you."

He answered by picking me up and promptly kissing me.

"I was honored to do your hair." he roughly said. "Doing my sister's hair really made me happy when I was stressed and sad. After she died, for the longest time I didn't have something to do that could ease my nerves, after all, I did her hair out of love for her, my family. Now I can do something for someone who is very important to me and is my family.

My eyes started to water and tears slipped free as I saw that newfound hope in my mate. "You are also my family, and I intend to make you as happy as possible, so whenever you need to calm yourself, come to me Rhys, and we will spend time together, you can do my hair, and I will always let you."

Rhysand hugged me, and I said, "Does this mean I can do your hair now?"

He laughed, and I soon joined in, the sound echoing through our whole world.