Unbreakable bonds

A/N: Ugh I'm trying to write out of my comfort zone and someone requested lysaedion, so here you go!

Lysandra was pacing back and forth, waiting for Aelin to arrive. It had been a year since the war with Erawan, and when Aedion had promised her he would make her his wife. He had surprised her with a proper proposal and ring, and Lysandra happily agreed. Aedion was the one. He would always be and she knew it. But she was maybe stressing a little too much about the wedding that was about to take place. All her life she had been serving as a prostitute, and had never found someone she truly cared about and loved. That's why she needed this day to be perfect, but she couldn't stop being a little anxious about everything. Lysandra stopped in front of the mirror and thought, what if Aedion  doesn't like my dress, or thi-. Suddenly Aelin barged in, wearing the most spectacular dress. It was dipped low on the front in a V- neck and was dark maroon, fittting her curves wonderfully. She was followed by Rowan, who looked magnificently handsome in his suit.

"Lys, you ok?" Aelin asked, sounding concerned. Rowan came up to Aelin and put his arm around her waist.

"Yeah... I am fine," Lysandra replied.

"You don't look fine." Rowan commented.

"You know who does look fine though?" Aelin said to Rowan.

"Who might that be?" Rowan had a devilish smile on his face as he looked at her.

"You." she whispered. Rowan tugged her to him and growled a bit as Aelin claimed his mouth.

Lysandra watched them through weary eyes. She couldn't take it anymore. It just made her feel even more stressed. She shifted into her ghost leopard form and jumped though the nearest window to outside.

Aelin and Rowan broke off their kissing, and looked alarmed at each other. "Lysandra! What happened? Come back!" Aelin shouted, but her words did not reach Lysandra, for she was already outside.

Lysandra ran towards the beautiful gardens in hopes of it being empty. She was right, and slowed to a stop in front of a tall fountain. There she sat, still in her Leopard form, tears leaking out of her eyes.  Why was she stressing? She would have just as strong of a relationship with Aedion that Aelin had with Rowan. Why was she so afraid of being happy? Maybe it would never last. Happiness never lasted for her.

As she was thinking, she heard a person call her name, but she ignored them, until he stroked her head and sat before him. It was Aedion. Lysandra was so surprised that she shifted back. "Lys darling, are you okay?" he said his brows knotting with worry.

"What are you doing here, Aedion? You can't see me before the wedding. It's bad luck."

Aedion chuckled before saying softly, "Screw luck, I came because Rowan and Aelin informed me of you running away. I couldn't have my beautiful, amazing, bride away on our wedding day."

"I wasn't running." Lysandra sniffled.

"Tell me what's wrong, Lysandra." Aedion spoke with seriousness.

And so Lysandra told him everything. About how she was afraid of being happy, about how she didn't think she was worthy enough to be with someone like him. About loving him, but being afraid to do so.

Aedion pressed a soft kiss on her temple. "You are my whole world, Lys. I couldn't live without you, and you are enough. More than enough actually, so enough that I get drunk with love just looking at you. I love you. So much."

Lysandra looked at him and brushed a kiss against his lips. Aedion kissed her, harder, and they almost stumbled into the fountain.

Aedion burst out laughing, breaking the kiss, as he looked at her. "Why don't we resume later, for now, let's go get married."

Lysandra smiled, and nodded her head. "Let's go get married."