Chapter 2

NightBlade POV

I watch in horror as Megatronus swiftly brings his gleaming sword down on Solus' back. Across her faceplates flash fear and pain,even stronger than the betrayal at realizing who I am.

This is all wrong, I think to myself, he was told to disarm and capture one of them,force Primus to surrender. He was never meant to kill anyone.

But even as I think this,I struggle to prevent the alarm in my mind from showing on my faceplates.

For a klick,all is silent until a cry of rage can be heard,and multiple thumps as the remaining Primes,save Megatronus,keel over in pain.

Whirr

I cock my helm and turn as I hear this noise,only to jump backwards and allow an energon blast to fly past.

Then,a bright flash appears,sucking Megatronus and my 'siblings' into it. As quickly and suddenly as it appeared,the light is gone. Only the last eleven Primes,Primus,Unicron,and I remain.

I blink my optics in shock. I do not know where the others had disappeared to,but I knew it was the work of Primus and the Primes.  I also realize that I was only spared because Fate wishes it to be so.

"NightBlade, finish them off!! Get Micronus!" Unicron orders.

I hesitate,thinking about all that has happened,and make up my mind. I transform and pounce,landing on Micronus' chassis and knocking him over.

He shakes,shoves and claws at my plating and paws,but I move slightly to adjust with each action.

I hear the shrill clangs and whirrs of weapons being drawn,so I turn and let out a feral hiss while unsheathing my claws and digging them into Micronus' armor slightly. They back up for fear of me causing more harm.

"Good. Now...KILL HIM!"

I look down and my optics are drawn to the Prime's below me. There is fear,betrayal,pity and...forgiveness. The last of the emotions I notice forces me to be completely certain of what I must do,and the consequences.

"What are you waiting for!? Attack!"

And I listen,I attack. But not who Unicron thinks I intend.

-------------------------------

I whirl and pounce on Unicron's helm-my claws digging into sensitive wires-and cause him cry out in surprise.  He attempts to reach around and pry me off,but I maul his arm.  Taking his opportunity,he quickly throws his arm out in front of him and causes me to go flying into a metal outcropping.  I mewl from the pain of the jarring impact and slip on energon as I try to stand.  I transform into my bipedal form,knowing that I was more vulnerable in my beastial form.  I flick my helm to the side as Unicron attempts to hit me with a sword,retaliating by burying one of my daggers into his side.  He howls from the pain-my daggers have a thin coating of Tox-En on them-and staggers backwards.

  I take my opportunity and use the metal formation to stand.  I then flip forwards as my opponent charges...and slips.  I turn back towards him and draw my sword,Daeron.  It is white with silver and gold filigree along the hilt.  I twirl it around to direct Unicron's oncoming blade to my side,but I forget to account for his mace.

  I am thrown on my back from the force of his blow,and as I am attempting to stand,I feel the cold of his sword against my neck cables.  I freeze and then look up.  His faceplates are filled with hate-I was always the slowest to attack,the quickest to dodge-and he says,

  "You always were a failure,but this is not what anyone would have expected of you.  I may have possibly expected one of your siblings to attack me,but not you.  I should have disposed of you long ago,but I thought you would have some use.  Apparently you are stronger than we thought.  But now you shall die."

  I look up and a surge of energy enters me.  I know from the astonished gasps from all around the my optics have turned two different colors.  My left turns silver,while my right turns gold.  I start to utter the words of Fate.  And Unicron is powerless to kill me until I am done.

  "Darkness and light will be locked in an endless struggle,until the day when the darkness is banished.  Gone from here,not to be seen until this should come to pass.  When the forty-seven spheres align,a perpetual conflict will culminate upon a world forged from chaos.  And the weak shall perish in the shadow of a rising darkness."  I pause and begin anew.  "When the time comes,one born of darkness but with a spark of light shall be reborn.  To fight alongside those once her enemies,and banish he of darkness once more."

  Once I finish,Unicron growls,"This may come to pass,but you will not be alive to see it!"

    "You understand naught.  I am the one to be reborn.  And you are the darkness."  I say,before he has time to divert his blow-and prevent the second prophecy from coming true-and he stabs me through my spark.  I smile at the Primes and Primus before everything goes dark.