2

"Okay five laps around the gym. Go." He walked over to the bleachers and sat down, inspecting our technique.

I had always been a terrible runner. I always get so out of breathe and my body collapses on itself.

I began running and my throat was already burning and tensing up. I huffed and puffed.

One lap down.

My knees felt like they were about to snap under my shrimp legs. I looked at Cayla as to say, I can't do this.

She pointed her head in the direction of Coach Styles. I looked over at him and he was making direct eye contact with me, smirking with one eyebrow raised.

Two laps down.

I sped up. I was going to prove to him that I belonged in this team.

Three laps down.

I sped up again. My feet were barely touching the ground as I sprinted. I hadn't felt this free in so long, it was amazing. My body was soaring above the ground.

CRASH

I felt on my butt, disoriented. I looked up and a blonde girl with extremely over lined lips was staring at me in disgust.

"Watch where you're going, loser!" Her group of friends giggled as they sped off. A few more people passed me as I sat there in shock. Soon enough Cayla appeared by my side.

"Hey don't listen to them, they're just jerks." She stated, pulling me up. "And if you ask me I think at least 75% of them are going to be cut." She giggled as I stretched out my back, rolling my eyes.

"Okay everyone, line up in height order. We're doing one on ones."

The blonde bimbo from before stepped forward and raised her hand. "Excuse me, sir, but one on ones will take forever."

"Miss..."

"Huppburn. Claire." She smiled seductively.

He walked over to her and whispered something in her ear. She turned bright red and stepped back in line.

I looked at Cayla one the other side of the line with wide eyes and mouthed, help!

"We will have eleven games up to five points each. The winners will go to the left while the losers go to the right." He looked right at me and I looked at the ground, blushing.

"First up. Claire and... how about Aspen? Our little star." He said mockingly.

I honestly felt like I was going to cry. I walked over to the court.

"Rally for serve." He said, crossing his arms and squinting his eyes.

Claire jumped up and spiked the ball onto my side. She clapped and squealed. I rolled my eyes. Whatever.

Claire threw the ball and tried to spike it again but failed. I hit it extremely hard with the side of my hand and she slid to get it, but missed. I instinctively looked at Coach Styles who I then saw wink at Claire fucking Huppburn.

I felt this immense rage in my body and spiked the ball as hard as possible. She shrieked, backing up as it almost hit her with the force of 100 men.

"5,3 Aspen. Good job girls. Claire that was an amazing performance. I'm going to have to ask both of you to go to the winners side." Claire jumped up and down and hugged her little posse.