Chapter 2

Waking up, I felt much better than I did than before. I sat up and looked to the left, surprisingly, Will was passed out on the chair, his head resting on his arms in his lap. I couldn't help but to laugh a little; he looked ridiculous. His hair was a mess and there was a small pile of drool on the ground. I reached over and shook his shoulder.

"Hey, Will, get up."

He bolted up and looked around before focusing on me.

"Goodmorning Death-Boy." He wiped his face off and stretched his upper body.

"Hey, no calling me deathboy," I scoffed, "What are you doing sleeping there anyways?"

"Oh, well, after I left, I helped for a few hours before passing out, but when I came back to check on you, you were still asleep, so I figured I stay and wait for you to wake up to make sure you wouldn't fade." He rubbed the back of his neck while looking at the ground.

I nodded and swung my legs over the bed. Placing my feet on the ground, I stood up and stretched. "Wait, does this mean my three days are up?" I asked.

Will laughed and said, "Gee, didn't know you wanted to get rid of seeing me so fast."

"No, it's not that, I like your company, It's just, well, I have a lot of work to do on my cabin. I haven't been in it in a couple of years, so there is a lot that needs cleaned." I replied

"Pfft." 

"I'm serious!" I retorted.

Will smirked. "Well, before you go, let me heal those wounds of yours." He grabbed the bottom of my shirt and lifted it over my head. I flushed. He placed a hand on each of the cuts I got and whispered a hymn to his dad, Apollo. I watched as the wounds' swelling and redness went down, and then eventually disappeared and left behind only tiny and minuscule scars. 

"Wow. I knew you were a healer, but I didn't know you could do that." I said.

"Yeah, it comes in handy." Will replied. "By the way, what did you say to Percy the other day?"

Oh, Gods. "I, um, I told him I used to have a crush on him, but that I didn't anymore, and that he's not my type." I felt my face get warm and I started to twist my skull ring.

"Ohhh, that's why his face looked funny."

"Wait, you um, you don't care that I'm gay?" I expected him to walk away in disgust.

"Not at all, I am too actually. See, I have this crush on this guy. I have for a while, but he always seemed to ignore and avoid me. I wish I could tell him, but I don't want to ruin anything." He started rubbing his neck again but this time his face was flushed.

Will's also gay? Oh my Gods.  My heart can't handle this. I felt giddy inside, but then I remembered he said he had a crush on someone, and has for a while. My feelings of happiness instantly died. It's like Percy all over again. There's no way it could be me.

"Hey, Nico, are you alright?" 

I looked in his eyes and felt my eyes water. Why did I think that this time would be different? Fuck you Eros. I shook my head and ran before I did something regrettable. I headed for my cabin and slammed the door and locked it once it was inside. I slid down the door and couldn't stop the tears once I hit the floor. Why is it so hard for me to be happy? Why must the Gods work against me? I heard a small knock on the door.

"Nico, are you in there? What happened? Are you okay?" Will asked.

I hiccuped and felt even more tears flow.

"Nico, I can hear you. Please tell me what's wrong." He tried the doorknob but I locked it earlier.

"G-go away." My voice trembled as I spoke. I don't know what I'd do if I saw him right now.