Chapter 5

This chapter will also contain boyxboy, ill put a forewarning. The chapter ends after, so you could just go to the next (when Its up of course)

The next day I was up in the infirmary with Will, helping out whenever I could. He would have me cut and apply bandages, pastes, and retrieve ambrosia and nectar while he did more experienced things, such as stitches, retrieving shrapnel, and inserting needles. With the extra help, a lot more patients were released back, and the rebuilding of broken structures has sped up. Not going to lie, I would definitely chose this than rebuilding. Not only am I not lifting heavy materials, but I am with Will.

    “Hey, Nico, are you listening?” Will’s voice cut through my thinking.

    “Sorry, no, what were you saying?”

    He rolled his eyes and smiled. “I asked you if you wanted to hang out this weekend.”

    “What are you talking about, we always hang out, you don’t have to ask.”

    Rubbing his neck he looked down. “I didn’t mean like that.”

    “Like a date?” I smiled. He looked up and nodded. “Definitely.” I answered. He smiled and pulled me into a hug. He rested his chin on top of my head. I hugged him back and then noticed his siblings watching us. “Uh, Will, people are watching.” I tried to pull away but he held me tighter. “Good, know they know you’re mine.” I rolled my eyes but smiled. He pulled away and ruffled my hair. “Hey!” I growled at him. He laughed and walked away. I chased after him and punched him in the arm.

***

After lunch I decided to go back and see the progress of the rebuilding of camp. So far, the arts and crafts building was finished, and parts of the amphitheater that were destroyed before were now fixed. I was bored so I decided to walk around the camp. Passing the strawberry fields, I took one and ate it. I tossed the end of the berry on the ground and stretched. Walking along the length of the field, I noticed a small bunch of satyrs with lyres, playing songs that made the fields flourish. I decided to wave and then headed to the shooting range. Not many Apollo kids were here, most were probably up in the infirmary healing. But for the few that were there, I decided to sit and watch. I leaned against a tree and watched as in unison, they pulled an arrow from their quiver, knocked it, aimed, and released. All of them were in the dead center of the target. I sat there watching for around half an hour when I decided to move on. This time I didn’t think about walking anywhere specific, I just walked. I was surprised when many of the campers at camp waved at me when I went past. Waving back I continued on.

Long story short I eventually walked the entire length of the camp before returning to my cabin. I was still bored so I grabbed a pack of cards, sat on the ground, and summoned a skeleton. I shuffled the cards and then passed them out between the two of us. Picking up my deck I pulled out my pairs and then nodded to the skeleton to go first. He put his hand up and displayed two bones. I shook my head. He picked up a card from the remaining deck. I asked for an 8 and he shook his head. Picking up a card I leaned back and yawned. We continued for an hour before I dismissed him and laid on my bed. I turned on my side and inhaled. It smells like Will. I took a deep breath in and slowly relaxed, eventually falling asleep.

I opened my eyes and found myself surrounded by darkness. I heard whispering behind me and turned, but nothing was there. I decided to follow the sound and eventually found myself in a room. Nothing was in there except a mirror. I walked up to it and looked at myself. To my surprise the image warped and I came face to face with my older sister, Bianca. I gasped and put my hand on the mirror. She backed up and her face twisted in disgust.

“Bianca?” I asked. “Do you remember me? It’s Nico, your brother.”

She scowled. “I’m not related to you, you’re a faggot. You’re disgusting.”