𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐈

{Mariah's point of view}

They say the eyes are the mind telling of the soul. The key when it comes to admiring and understanding all sorts of emotions. Those eyes, his eyes, his chocolate warm eyes have been drawn to my every movements for the past weeks. You know there's a saying, and I quote "Where words are restrained, the eyes often talk a great deal". However, when it comes to a great deal I tend to become unsure throughout the segments of my boss. My boss being a well known popular figure throughout the world.

The king of pop, as a matter of fact. Michael Joseph Jackson, the most amazing performer (in my mind) throughout the whole entire world. Not only does he perform around the world, he also runs his own company, the M.J.J Estate. Some people tend to become a bit unsure on why Michael would even own his company when he can just perform and travel around the world, at first I thought the same exact thing, but I came to my own terms and realized not all people are happy at what they do.

To me, Michael is like an open book, I can understand and read how he's feeling no matter what. I assume that became one of the reasons towards why Michael even hired me as his personal assistant. Personal assistance, you read that correctly. I have been Michael's, I mean Mr. Jackson's personal assistance for I'll say about three months. However, as a personal assistant you'd expect me to have an office close to Michael's or even a decent business conversation, sadly that's not the case for me.

Michael's office is located on the seventh floor, as for mine, well my office is located on the first, Now I hate drama and all, and I hate to despise someone, but let's just say this situation is all due to a little b-..I mean human by the name of Lisa Marie Presley, Michael's girlfriend matter of fact. The woman that despises me the most, the woman that hates for Michael and I to even stand next to each other. Now, hear me out. My parent's have both taught me to never hate anyone, but when it comes to Lisa, I just do it. She's such a jealous woman it's psychotic, for example. A few days ago, Mr. Jackson asked me if I could grab him a cup of coffee from the office kitchen and of course I politely intended to, however before I could even do so, Lisa began to make a huge fuss out of the situation and claimed that the only reason on why Michael even wanted me to grab him a cup of coffee is because of my 'finger prints'.

Sometimes, I tend to wonder what in the bloody hell even made Michael go for Lisa. I mean Michael is such a sweet innocent soul, and Lisa well, she's just Lisa. Now I know what you're thinking, and the answer is no! No, I'm not jealous of there relationship, I have no reason to be. I mean she's clearly not talented, hell since I'm being honest, if it wasn't for her little daddy and dating Michael, then she would be a nobody, but hey I can't speak anymore about there relationship, I guess the saying is true though. Opposites do attract.

As I sat here in my fluffy white office chair, typing away on my computer about an article towards the depths of how we as a country could come together and heal the world, a slightly buzzing sound interrupted my train of thoughts. My brown eyes raised slightly as I heard the most angelic voice break through my work phone. "Ms. Nelson, please come to my office. Thank you", clearing my throat I quickly paged back a quick "Yes sir". As I now stood up and straightened out my outfit, I straddled my way towards the elevator and pressed the seventh button.

Fiddling with my black acrylic nails as the elevator came to a complete stopped, I waited for the doors to open. Once they opened, I glided my way towards the black wooden door that held a golden metallic plate engraved with the name 'Mr. Jackson'. Knocking on the door, I stood and waited patiently, only to jump back slightly due to the door swinging open with the person I despised even more. My eyes showed nothing more than confusion as Lisa let out a groan "Michael, what the hell is this chick doing here!" Lisa rolled her eyes as I scoffed and shook my head.

"Lisa please not now, and for the love of God, get out of her way and let her in" Michael snapped shocking both Lisa and I. "Why should I?" Lisa barked as Michael grit his teeth and stood up angrily stomping towards Lisa. "I'm not in the mood, now get out of the way. Better yet, get out of my office! I need to talk to Ms. Nelson alone" Michael ordered as Lisa gasped and stormed past me, out of Michael's office. Shaking a bit nervously, I stood there clutching my arms over my chest as Michael let out a small sigh and stood to the side.

"My apologies for that scene Ms. Nelson, please come in; and have a seat" Michael smiled softly as I nodded slowly and stepped inside taking a seat in the leather black chair in front of his dark brown desk. Looking down, I began to pick my nails again and tug my bottom lip between my teeth, something I tended to do whenever I get nervous. "Now, I assume you may be wondering why I have called you to come inside of my office tonight?" Michael questioned as he closed his office door and took a seat in his office chair. "Um, yes sir" I replied back sitting up as a deep chuckle escaped Michael's lips.

"Please, call me Michael. Now, the reason towards why I called you here today, was because I need to ask you a few questions so that I could update your resume" Michael responded as I let out a sigh of relief and nodded, paying my full attention towards the man in front of me. "Okay Mr. Jackson" I squeaked out respectfully as Michael shook his head and sighed. "Please call me Michael, I would like for you to call me Michael when we are alone, got it?" Michael stated as I nodded. "Let's get started shall we, first question; what's your sexuality and relationship status?" Michael asked skimming down at the paper and back at me as I gulped.

"I'm heterosexual, and single" I replied confusingly as Michael nodded and hummed and asked the second question. "Hmm, so what do you look for when it comes to a specific partner?" Michael stated biting his bottom lip as I shivered softly. "Well, that depends, even though there's enough fish in the sea. I'm looking for a man, someone whose sweet, and willing to always to be there for me and love me for me" I responded as Michael let out a small chuckle "Cute". A deep blush rushed to my face as Michael began to fix some of his papers on his desk.

"That will be all" Michael smiled as I nodded and stood up, as I placed my hand on the golden door knob I was stopped by the sound of Michael's voice. "Ms. Nelson, do you have any plans tonight?" Michael asked as I turned to him and thought to myself. "No sir, no I don't. Is everything okay?" I questioned as Michael began to rub the back of his neck and shook his head. "I was just wondering if you mind staying a bit longer tonight, and maybe I don't know, meeting me in my office once everyone leaves so that you and I could have another discussion" Michael shrugged as I fiddled with a strand of my hair nervously.

"O-okay sir, I can do that" I quickly replied a bit nervously as Michael smiled and nodded while I quickly stumbled out his office. A sigh escaped my lips as I placed my right hand on my chest and covered my mouth at Michael's response, "That woman will be the death of me".

{Lisa's point of view}

"Lisa please not now, and for the love of God, get out of her way and let her in" Michael snapped shocking me. "Why should I?" I barked as Michael grit his teeth and stood up angrily stomping towards me as I rolled my eyes. "I'm not in the mood, now get out of the way. Better yet, get out of my office! I need to talk to Ms. Nelson alone" Michael ordered as I gasped and stormed out of Michael's office. Grumbling to myself as I now stood on the elevator and paced back and forth in anger, I whipped out of my phone and dialed my bestie Diana's number.

Little does she know, she's not even my bestie, I'm only close with her so that I could sleep with her man. "Hey darlin, what's wrong?" Diana asked as she listened to my groans of annoyances. Quickly, I told her about the segment that just took place, of course she wasn't surprised considering the little 'innocence' Mariah played. "No, Diana! I swear that Mariah bitch is trying to steal my man and I'm not fucking having it!" I growled as I heard Diana sigh through the phone. "Listen, we have to make up a plan. Something that will get here away from my man!" I groaned as Diana hummed softly and agreed. I doubt this bitch was even paying me any attention.

"Um yeah, we need to do that. Let's come up with it tomorrow, I have to go, Bye Lisa" Diana quickly stated as we hung up. A smirk arisen on my face as I sat in my car and let out a deep laugh. "Oh little little Mariah, you have no idea what you have gotten yourself into to!".