Chapter 3: Surprise Attack

“Settle down Ri-Ri, deep breaths.” Unfortunately after my encounter with Mr. Ryan Hills I couldn’t even speak to my dad when I entered the car. My face had turned crimson and once I got home, my mother noticed my raging aura and set me down in a chair. Mom knows how much I love the shelter so coming back with my hair practically knotted into what looks like Garfield’s hairball and my face the shade of Clifford, well let’s just say her mother senses were tingling.

“Uggh! Today was so –grr and I was trying to help but he was just so blah and not to mention he still is somewhat an –mhmm. Just no.” Though my father looked at me like I just turned blue and sprouted four more arms tells me that I must sound like experiment 626, so much for “ohana means family”. My mother on the other hand had a curious glint in her eye, she turned her head to my Dad and shooed him off to the living room to watch the hockey game. Slowly my father took long steps with a puzzled expression into the room. Women are as close to aliens as you’ll get dear father.

 “It’s a boy huh? That Trevor fellow again?” my mom’s lips seemed to be rising as her smirk widened. I’m not someone to talk about boys 24/7 in fact the only men I’ve talked about recently were Hugh Jackman and Andrew Garfield, not only were their movies coming closer but they were fine. Ladies, can I get an Amen? The curses of loving older men that don’t know you exist. Unfortunately Tyson was my age and wasn’t a super hot crime fighting mutant.

“No mom, his name is Tyson and no its not him that’s bugging me.” I let out a puff of air as I drop my head; I was too exhausted to tell her the whole story.

“Tell ya what, you tell me the name of this little bugger and I’ll let you go, but tomorrow we’ll go for frozen yogurt and chat about this new insect in my daughter’s life.” Thinking through the proposal, I thought it seemed pretty fair, though the weird eyebrow wiggling my mother was doing was making me quite confused.

“His name is Ryan,” For some strange reason I was eager to reveal his last name since I hammered him so hard to get it out of him but I knew better than to tell my mom who would, as soon as I shut my bedroom door, go on google and find out Ryan’s postal code, cell number and his possible criminal record. It looked to me that he wasn’t a little goody-two-shoes so it was probably better to let his full name remain a mystery.

“Oh that’s a lovely name! I’m sure he’s a lovely boy. Well darling I’ll let you get your beauty rest my beautiful angel!” She stroked my hair and kissed the top of my head. “Gross! You stink, when was the last time you showered?” My mother’s face squished together into a fake looking cringe, I simply rolled my eyes and stood up to hug her. I wish all my family good night as I walked up to my room.

Once my door was shut I booted up my laptop and went on Facebook. Obviously I would search up Ryan because stranger danger, duh. I found a profile that looked a little similar to him except his face had no bruises and he emitted a youthful glow, or maybe that was just the computer. He was pushing a little girl, with adorable pigtails and bright hazel eyes, on the swing set and smiling, surprisingly with a mouth full of metal. I checked where the photo was taken and it was around two years ago. No wonder he had teeth like a movie star, that cheater!

His whole profile was private but I notice his likes into music and movies were extremely similar to mine... Creepy. Deciding that was enough stalking for one day I shut my laptop and quickly changed into my swaggy (aka ugly) sweatpants and a huge Avengers shirt. Finally a chance to release my inner nerd! I stretched out my body over my bed and found myself replaying the conversation I had with Ryan. Was I too rude to him? Does he think I’m a cruel, crazy psycho? What if he never wants to talk to me again? Or worst he’s apart of some gang that is going to kidnap me and then use me for some insane experiment, where I get bitten by a radioactive bunny in which I either die or turn into a supernatural leaping girl with long ears and a cotton butt. Then they’ll name me Bunny Babe or Rabbit Rascal?  Or worst… Playgirl Bunny! I mean Ryan did think I was some sort of hooker though I certainly don’t look like one. Well with all these spontaneous thoughts bursting from my beautiful brain how can I even sleep?