Chapter 6: Ask Away

Chapter 6: Ask Away

There is nothing more satisfying than the sound of unravelling a sandwich, with the aroma of fresh baked bread and crispy vegetables. My mouth is flowing with drool as I prepare to take my first bite; my bliss is stopped by a voice.

"Can I give you my tomatoes?" My head turns to see a disgusted scowl placed on a still annoyingly gorgeous face.

"Really you don't like the fake vegetable? Are you one of those people that don't eat tomatoes because their fruits? Just because they have seeds doesn't mean they are automatically fruits! I mean like peppers have seeds but you don't see me being all, take my hot tamales!" I do tend to burst out in sudden rant, forgive me I am very opinionated.

"No I just don't like tomatoes." His nose scrunched up as he took a whiff of it, that's something I don't see every day.

I wave him off, "Don't be fussy, and look at you! You need all the vitamins you can get! Eat your vegetables like a good boy, don't be picky." I try again to take my first bite to Subness but I am once again foiled.

"Mom, you know I don't like tomatoes!" Yeah, I just found out literally, a second ago. Wanting to eat so badly I take the slice of veggie thing, in the clutch of my fingers and place it in my mouth with one giant bite. Once I had finished munching on the thing I turn to Ryan who is happily gobbling away at his BLT minus the T.

"You could have told the lady making the sandwich to not give you tomato, then this whole fiasco could have been resolved. Not to mention I would have been able to dig in 2 minutes ago." I finally was able to take my sandwich in the delightful atmosphere of a park bench.

With a mouthful of lettuce Ryan brought his hand up to cover his mouth as he spoke, "I was too lazy to say Hello can I have a BLT but with no tomato. It's so much easier to say I'll have the same. Like six words that would have caused me effort easily vanished." Shaking my head I continued my lunch while thinking of how strange we both were. With his presence I felt that I could be comfortable in my own skin, unlike school where I place an invisible shield in front of everyone I encounter.

"Hey, I'm curious about something," I turn as to signal him to continue, "Well what did you mean by you're not an ordinary girl? I get you're a female with female parts." His eyes drifted down but I quickly guided them back to mine with my finger under his chin.

"You were saying?" My eyebrows rose with a smirk on my face.

"Oh yeah, when we were in the recovery room you said that you weren't ordinary but you knew how you wanted to live? What did you mean by that?" His face was pulled into one of curiosity reminding me of a little boy trying to solve a math problem. Having an adorable pout on his lips and a scrunched pair of eyebrows.

"Well you see, we were in a compromising situation wouldn't you say?" I look over to see him blush and avert his green eyes down. Probably remembering when he tried to kiss me in the recovery room. "I want this to be clear, I am attracted to you, and by the way you look at me I can guess the feeling is mutual, correct me if I'm wrong?" Looking back at me a grin spreads across his face confirming my assumptions. Though I can't believe he's smiling at a time like this while my face was in complete seriousness; I even put down my sandwich for gosh sakes!

"What I also want to make clear is that you will not be getting in my pants any time soon." With that comment his expression seemed to change several times in the last twenty seconds. "Let me clarify again. We are both attracted to each other but we will not be doing the sexy time. Is that clear?" I look straight into his green make me melt eyes and pray that he actually took me seriously.

"Okay... I mean understood." I pick up my sandwich but Ryan's hand covers mine and with his other he raises it high into the air like a student. My head nods like a teacher giving permission for her pupil, ready to clear more confusion I put on Ryan.