Talking with Vader

Vader POV

As I meditated I heard a familiar voice whisper "Don't trust the Emperor he's hiding the truth from you."

"What truth? Who are you? How do you know these things?" I demanded.

"I am your old Master Qui-gon Jinn and I am one with the force and so I know a lot of things. I know that you are confused concerning your feelings for the child Catherine."

"Why is that your concern? What do you want?" I replied irritatedly. The last thing I wanted was for Qui-gon to lecture me about my choices.

"I am not here to lecture you about the decisions that you have made. I am here to help you learn the truth concerning Catherine and perhaps, help you rediscover who you really are." Qui-gon replied.

"I know who I am." I replied my irritation starting to show.

At this Qui-gon chuckled. "Do you my young apprentice? Let's not focus on that right now. Time is precious and we don't have a lot of it. Palpatine is lying to you as he has from the very beginning."

"My Master would never lie to me."

"Really? Then explain Catherine's existence."

"Padme and Obi-wan betrayed me, Catherine is a result of that betrayal."

"If that were true, then you wouldn't care about her at all. You do care about her don't you?"

"She means nothing to me."

"You can lie to yourself and your master but you can not lie to me. You care deeply about her and it's more then just as master and apprentice. You love her and rightly so, considering that she is your daughter."

"The computer says otherwise."

"Computer tests can be falsified."

"Ask yourself this, why was Palpatine so hesitant to allow you to raise Catherine? What was it that he was afraid of? Could it be that he is worried that through loving this child you will remember who you truly are? Who Catherine truly is? You need to apologize to the child. Explain to her why you said the things you did." Qui-gon replied.

Vader sighed "I suppose you are right I should apologize to her. I was too harsh on her. She is after all, only a child. But I stand by my decision. She is not my daughter and therefore will not be allowed to call me daddy or any other term meaning father."

Catherine POV

The next morning Vader went straight to my quarters. "Good morning Catherine." Vader said startling me. Something wasn't right. He was never here at breakfast time. In fact, I barely ever saw him except at bedtime when he tucked me in for the night. What was he doing here? As if reading my mind Vader sat down across from me. "We need to talk about yesterday."

"Why? You made how you feel Mass. Masss. Oh!!! How do you say it?" I growled in frustration.

"You mean Master?" Vader replied.

"Yeah that's it. That's the wowd. You made youwa point last night." I replied through gritted teeth trying hard not to cry as the words he had spoken came rushing back once more. "You are no longer allowed to call me daddy or dada. It's time you embrace the truth, I am not your father. I have never been your father and I will never be your father. It's time you grow up. I am your master and you are my apprentice and is the extent of our relationship. From now on you will refer to me as Master. It's time you learn your place young one."