coffee

Blinding beams of early morning sunlight shone elegantly through the narrow cracks in the curtains, hung in the oversized window, illuminating the space with bright rays. Just as the alarm clocks hand passed the hour of six, an ear-piercing shriek resonates from the object, pulling the woman into inevitable consciousness;  loudly signalling the start of her day. 

After ignoring the scream for another couple of seconds, treasuring the last moments of stillness, Rebecca finally decides to reluctantly open her eyes and snuff out the noise, bringing the room to the peaceful silence it once was a few moments prior to this. Peeling back the soft covers, exposing her pale skin to the brisk bite of the autumn air, the woman swings her legs over the side of the mattress, bringing her self to sit upright and wearily rubbing her pale blue eyes still a little disorientated. She takes one last inhalation of crisp breath, basking in the seconds of tranquillity then forces herself to stand up and stumble over to the bathroom to take a long shower.

Rebecca usually started every day like this, taking a brief moment to enjoy the morning and start her day off in a quiet way. This, however, may have been hard to believe for some individuals who didn't know the woman as well as others, who appeared to have a positive, upbeat personality and was always lit up with that wide smile and infectious laugh that everyone found both hilarious and ridiculous. Her accent, being from the UK was upper-class and sophisticated yet had and a familiar undertone of witty humour. She had fiery, auburn coloured hair that usually sat in natural curls just below her shoulders framing her face beautifully. Her eyes were a bight shade of blue, matching the clear colour of the morning sky catching the attention of anyone who caught a glimpse of them.

Feeling now refreshed and certainly more awake, Rebecca emerged from the water, pacing over the antique style, dark wood wardrobe standing in the corner of her room to pick out an outfit for the day. While rifling through the plethora of choices a high pitched sound rings from her dressing table alerting the redhead of the message. Quickly, her eyes scan the different pieces until s is able to make the decision to choose the t-shirt coloured with a pleasant lilac shade sprawled across the fabric and paced over the carpet beneath her towards the mobile. 'Hey Bex, don't forget our new arrival is making her way onto set today, she can't wait to meet you! See you later.' she reads, scanning her way over the words an excited feeling starting to make its way through her.  The day was finally here, she had been complaining for months now that she had to carry around a usually screaming baby every take, making it difficult to get scenes done. As precious as they were, they did slow the process down, and from this day forward, they finally cast a girl who didn't need constant changes and bottles what seemed like every 5 minutes. 

Pulling the t-shirt over her head, which now had her curls pulled loosely up into a high messy bun making a change from her usual style, she darts her pupils over to the clock face reading almost seven thirty. In a last-minute decision, the actress opts to skip breakfast and have a snack when she finally arrives at work, scoops up everything she will need for the day and makes her way to the car. 

Arriving at the gigantic location, the Brit rummages through her cluttered handbag attempting to find her keys, when the familiar voice of her closest friend shrieks in delight from behind her. "Bexles!" she calls an uncontrollable smirk forming on Rebeccas lips. The tall woman immediately swivels around the face the American, finally pulling out her keys, observing her managing to run with two large cups of steaming coffee clutched between her fingers. "Hello, Lana" she greets back amused by the sight. 

Lana had been Rebecca's friend for almost five years and although their personalities and appearances were completely contrasted with each other they got along perfectly and somehow it seemed to just work. Her hair was a dark shade of brown that was cut to just above shoulder length the same colour of her chocolate pupils. Her skin was a dark-toned olive shade due to her Puerto Rican bloodline and her voice was low infused with a slight Brooklyn accent. 

"you want some coffee? I stopped off at Starbucks this morning and I thought you might want one" she explains holding out the hot drink towards the other, the pungent smell filling the air surrounding them. "And this is why you're my best friend" she replies, taking the cup smiling letting it warm her cool palms. "so are you excited?" the brunette asks as the two of them stroll slowly towards the set. "I can't wait! No more stopping in the middle of dialogue to wait for the baby to stop crying. No more heavy doll to haul around for hours on end, as much as I love the babies, I am so relieved they cast someone who can go to the bathroom alone." she explains giving a light laugh, suddenly receiving a message with a loud buzz. "speaking of, shes just arrived" the taller informs her friend taking a deep breath.