Maddie

Entering the crowded set Rebecca attempts to spot the new cast member amongst the vast sea of life. Almost immediately, both women spy a young redheaded child engaged in conversation with the shows creators smiling and nodding over by the red brick wall. "Whoa, they weren't kidding." Lana utters exchanging looks between the child and the woman beside her  "what?" the latter asks confused at her words. "well Adam and Eddie told me she looked a lot like you, but that's ridiculous, can't you see it? I mean unbelievable" she stammers not being able to cast her looks away. 

"Here she is" Adam finally calls noticing them standing in the doorway. "Madison this is Rebecca, Rebecca meet Madison" he chimes the smaller girl stepping forward smiling in Bex's direction."nice to meet you Maddie can i call you Maddie?" she asks the redheads eyes lighting up ."of course! Can I call you Bex? Although I suppose its Mum from now on right?" she jokes instantly charming her older co-star. "yes i suppose it is" she replies chuckling. "It really is a pleasure to be working with you. Makes a change from quiet old Cambridge" she compliments as Rebecca makes sure she heard the girl right still taken back by her maturity. "You're from Cambridge?" she questions amazement glazed over the woman eyes, that match the colour of the fellow Brits. "yes, have you been there before?" she asks intrigued. "born and raised" she replies giggling spreading it to the other. "hey, I was just going to get a snack, you hungry?" Rebecca asks the girl immediately nodding enthusiastically. "actually can we speak to you for a moment" Eddie asks just as the thee start to exit. "you two go ahead i'll be right with you" Bex insists ushering Lana and her new friend out. "so whats up?".

"So do you like her?" Adam starts,an anticipated expression on his features. "yeah shes great, so mature for her age as well, I think you cast it perfectly" she compliments nodding. "great, so do we. Hey..look would you be okay with spending a little extra time with her? We really feel like you two will have great on screen chemistry, but we think it would be a great idea for you to develop a genuine relationship in order to make it even more believable" Eddie leads on. "of course she's a lovely girl from what I've seen, I wouldn't mind at all" she states. Just them Rebecca notices the men have unusual looks spread across their face as if they are holding something back. "what is it?" she quizzes confused. "well...we found Madison on an audition tape. As soon as she read the first line we both knew she was the one. However, when we called, turns out she does't exactly come from your regular suburban cottage. We contacted her, and  we were put through to a place called Oakmoore". Eddie elaborates the red head instantly becoming shocked at the mention of the place. "Oakmoore, I don't understand, that's a group home" she stammers. "yes, Madison is a very talented little girl, but she doesn't have a family" Adam tells her. "aww poor thing, where is she going to stay while shes filming.....what?" she asks reading the mans expression. "her social worker agreed that she be transferred to a home here in Vancouver, but they also suggested finding her a temporary home with someone else, so she isn't thrown in with too many new people. The kids already having to meet all of you and in a new country all by herself, you know what that feels like.Look.....you don't have to but we think this would a great thing for her and for you" he explains the woman's head beginning to become dizzy. 

Suddenly the feeling of hunger deep inside her stomach transforms into a sickening feeling as if a storms is raging inside her, causing her usual pale skin to turn almost white with terror. Without thinking, she sprints as fast as she can towards her trailer causing everyone in proximity to turn their attentions towards the scene, including Maddie and Lana. She hears muffled words that sound a little like her best friend, but ignores her pleas and keeps running until she reaches her destination. Upon opening the door, the rushes with great speed towards the bathroom and locks herself firmly inside, griping the side of the sink, making her knuckles as pale as her expression. The thought of the responsibility terrified the woman, the possibility of everything going wrong haunting her. Aside from the panic, a deep feeling of guilt sat inside her chest weighing her down with every breath causing to air to feel thick around her and her vision to become blurry. 

Rebecca paces running her hands over her head until the sound of Lana's voice comes from the other side of the door. "Bex, open up whats wrong?" she questions banging the door frantically. "please I wanna be here for you, but I can't do that if you won't open the door" she says still frantically knocking. The actress chooses to ignore her until she hears  the brunette lay her head against the wood in persistence signalling she wont leave until her friend emerges. Bex rolls her eyes and finally unlocks the entrance to the bathroom revealing Lana's unsettled feelings that show clearly in her wide eyes. As soon as she gets a glimpse of the Brit she runs towards her wrapping her arms around the woman laying her head on her shoulder. "whats wrong? don't scare me like that. I thought you were sick. Wait are you sick?  Are you dying? please don't die on me. You can't die,not now" she rushes making the redhead giggle at her absurdity lightening the feeling within her stomach a touch. "relax i'm not dying" she assures her making Lana calmer. "Then what is it?" she asks nervously. "They asked me I would take care of Maddie for the while shes here shooting, basically live with me for a whole year! They said i can say no but-" she explains the brunettes face becoming less agitated. "well that's not so bad why are you freaking out about this so much?" she questions sitting her down on the edge of the bath. "I've never taken care of a child in my life, Rachel always took care of me when we were little. What if lose her,or she gets hurt and i don't know what to do, I mean i have Bella but shes not exactly a real child that needs constant attention and supervision. I moved here when i was so young, the only person I've ever been responsible for is me" she explains as the american rubs her back attempting to sooth her. "I can't exactly say no, i can't turn her away because I'M scared, shes the one who's scared , moving to a new place with no one she knows to help her" she tells Lana in despair. "Then say yes. I know it's going to be hard, but you can learn along the way, that's what we all do. Also, I can be here for you as much as i can, but Marc's back in LA Bex,  he's not going to be here all the time and this could be a good thing, not just for her...but for you too".