connection

"sweet dreams" Rebecca whispers switching off the harsh light and exiting Maddie's room leaving her to rest. Pacing away from her guest, the woman decides to get some much-needed sleep herself in order to be ready for the next long day on set. Entering her room, pulling on her pyjamas, and slipping under the covers the pleasant sight of a small picture lined with a sparkling frame, glimmering as the dim light from the lamp beside it bounces off the gems coming into her eye line. The image displayed Rebecca and her tall handsome husband his arms wrapped around her, their faces displaying unadulterated joy as he appeared to be holding her tightly refraining her from escaping, their hair and clothes sodden making the redhead laugh at the memory. That day can be remembered as clearly as if it were just a couple of hours ago, playing in her mind bringing the memories as fresh and bright as the day they were made.

It was a clear summers weekend, the sun glaring down in illuminating rays making the grass seem an even more vibrant shade of green than usual as Rebecca and her closest friend relax, taking in the amazing weather lounging by the pool. The redhead lay peacefully beside the brunette her eyes closed, basking in the sounds of the ripples from the pool,  the mellow air warming her skin and the smell of the flowers sweeping the atmosphere with that summer feeling she loved so much. In the mists of her utopia, a freezing spatter of icy water splashed across her legs, making the actress jump, open her eyes and sit bolt upright only to witness her husband, along with Lanas, laughing like menacing children pointing colorful water guns a the startled women. 

For a short moment, the brit was overcome with a furious rage as her perfect day had been interrupted, but seeing the childlike glimmer in her partners' eyes,  suddenly melted the anger and brought out the immature qualities in her personality. As the two women squealed and giggled, mercilessly being showered with icy water Rebecca glanced around for something she could use to match it. Suddenly spotting the tall glass of water stood beside her, she recklessly picked it up and threw it in in the boys' direction, soaking Marcs t-shirt causing him to run towards his wife with a playful expression. "oh that's it, now you're in trouble" she says in a fake threatening tone the redhead quickly rising from her chair and sprinting across the grass as she sees Marc chasing after her. Laughing uncontrollably, she attempts to get away from the man but fails as he instantly catches up picking her off the ground and placing her on his shoulder then heading for the pool. "you ready to take a swim?" he laughs sarcastically reaching the edge of the water. "no, no I'm sorry, I'm sorry please put me down!" she giggles hitting his back and kicking her legs. "okay okay you promise your sorry" he sniggers finally placing her down a smirk painted on her lips. She is silent for a second until the man makes another attempt to pick her up, "yes yes I'm truly sorry...really I am" she pleads her face becoming completely innocent. The expression however changed in a split second back to the smirk as she begins again "sorry for this " she shouts pushing her husband into the deep water. "alright, if that's how you wanna play, that's how we're gonna play" he laughs slowly getting out of the pool running towards Bex and wrapping his arms around her soaking the outfit and hair she had carefully planned out.  

Remembering that day always reminded Rebecca of the reason she fell in love with Marc in the first place, he was able to make her laugh in any given situation and instantly uplift her mood no matter what had happened previously in the day. Still staring at the picture and reminiscing, the feeling of happiness the picture brings her turns into a feeling of sorrow as the thoughts of how much she misses him race through her mind.The Brit decides to take out her phone and text her distant husband in the slim chance she will get a reply, even though she knows he would be fast asleep by now.After waiting for a generous amount of time the redhead finally faces the reality she isn't going to get a reply tonight, slams her phone on the bedside table and crashes her head into the pillow with a huge sigh.

As minutes pass Rebecca lays under the covers staring either at the ceiling or at the picture unable to slip into unconsciousness or think of anything else other than Marcus. Suddenly the sound of the wooden door squeaks open and the spectacle of an unhappy looking Maddie comes into view; for a moment dragging the older woman away from her solemn feelings. "what is it, sweetie?  Are you  alright?" Rebecca asks forcing her body upright to rest against the headboard. The young girl looks towards the floor then begins to explain, "well...back at the group home i shared my bedroom with another girl, so I've never really stayed in a room by myself before..you know..alone. I just can't seem to get to sleep."

"oh that's okay darling, you can come lay here if you'd like" the woman suggests patting the pillow next to her. The girl gives a small smile then clambers into the covers next to her, looking up with those gorgeous wide eyes. "why couldn't you get to sleep?" she ask clearly noticing my still wide awake appearance. Bex stops for a moment then attempts to explain in a way someone of her age would understand, "i know what its like to feel a bit lonely sometimes" she tells her completely underestimating the child's perceptive characteristic and  intellectual level. "is that him?" she queries glancing over to the image shocking the other once again with her level of understanding for something like this at the age shes at. "he's handsome, and you can tell by the way he looks at you that hes in love with you, so why isn't he here right now?" she asks innocently. "He has to work in LA for a while, i'd imagine hes not going to be visiting until around Christmas time at least" the woman replies staring down into the covers twiddling her fingers. Suddenly without saying a word Madison crawls closer to the redhead and delicately lays her head on her chest wrapping her arms around her as if she knew exactly what Rebecca was thinking. The two lay in the same position until they fall into a peaceful sleep soothing each other forming a genuine connection.