Chapter 4

Chapter 4.

(Stace’s POV)

                I didn't break an eye contact with Rick who has been looking at us. He looked at me with happiness and.... Love? Is it really love? No, it can’t be. The last thing he told me was he ‘love’ his career, not us.

                “Mommy, what’s wrong?” She asked snapping me back.

                “Nothing sweetie. Did you have a great day?” I asked giving her a smile.

                “Yes mommy. That’s Sir Rick mommy, he came with Miss Malinda, his girlfriend.” Tracy said as he pointed at Rick.

                “Is that so?” I asked looking at Rick who was now looking down.

                “C’mon Sweetie, we need to go home. Grandma’s waiting.” I said and turned around leaving.

                “Stace, wait.” He called but I kept walking.

                Tracy and I were walking through the hall way, and I noticed the big smile on my daughter’s face.

                “You really had a great day huh?” I smiled.

                “I made many friends today mommy.” She smiled.

                “Really?”

                “And I meet my dad.”

                As those words came out of her mouth I stopped.

                “Your dad?” I asked sounding scared.

                “Yes, Daddy Rick.”

                “Don't call him Daddy Tracy, he’s not your daddy.” I said and continued to walk.

                “Aw, that’s too bad, he’s really nice.” She sighed.

                He’ll never be your daddy Tracy, never. You’ll just get hurt, knowing your own father abandoned you. We were already at my car, when I heard Rick’s footsteps. I opened the door at the front seat and placed Tracy inside. I put her seatbelt on and when I was about to close the door, Rick came. He placed a hand on my shoulder,

                “Can we talk.” He asked.

                I removed his hand from my shoulder, and looked at Tracy.

                “Tracy, mommy’s just ganna talk okay.” I told Tracy and she nodded.

                I walked a few steps away from my car knowing Rick would follow; I won’t allow Tracy to hear our conversation. I stopped and faced Rick, when he suddenly wrapped his arms around me. I slowly went out of his hug and looked at him with a serious face.

                “How have you been Stace?” he asked.

                “I’m good.” I responded.

                “Where have you been all this years?”

                “I went to Paris and lived there ever since.”

                He didn't ask another question,

                “Look, if that’s all your ganna say, I’ll go.” I took a step when he stopped me by holding my arm.