Chapter 5

Chapter 5

(Rick’s POV)

                I was in Lary’s office, waiting for him and the secret inspector he promised. Moments later, he finally came.

                “Rick, this is Brandon Forest, he’s been doing this for a long time now.” Lary smiled.

                I looked at the guy and he was in his mid 20s, he has good features and he doesn’t look suspicious to me.

                “So, who’s the girl you want me to look into?” he asked sounding excited.

                “Stace Fletcher.” I said and handed him the picture from my wallet.

                He looked at it and whistled.

                “Pretty face. What do you want me to find out? Her favourite color, flower, what?” He smiled.

                “None of those, I want you to look into her daughter, Tracy Fletcher. She’s 6, and she doesn’t have a father, Stace raised her by herself for the past 6 years in Paris.” I spoke.

                “And you think, you’re her father?” Brandon raised an eye brow.

                “And why would you suspect that?” I asked.

                “Well, most of my clients especially men, makes me follow who they like. And as I look at how you look at the picture, you have feelings for her.” He explained.

                He’s good.

                “Yes, 6 years ago, we had a relationship. I left her and haven’t heard from her ever since.” I nodded.

                “Wow, feeling guilty about leaving her?” he asked.

                “And how quick can you do this job?” Lary asked changing the subject.

               "How fast do you want?" he asked.

               "Tommorow morning, can you do it?" i asked

                “Sure, but.... I need a big reward..” He smiled confidently.

                “Any what’s the price?” Lary asked.

                “A hundred grand.”

                “A hundred gr- you’ve got to be kidding me.” Lary spoke.

                “Look, if you want fast report, I need a big reward.” Brandon sighed.

                “Fine, hundred grand. First thing in the morning. I’ll give you a bonus if you find more things about Tracy and Stace.” I nodded.

                “Nice doing business with you. I’m looking forward with that bonus.” Brandon waved and walked out.

                “Are you nuts?!” Lary asked as soon as the door closed.

                “All I want is the truth. I want to know if Tracy’s really my daughter.” I said and lay on the couch.

                “And what if Tracy really is your daughter? What’s your plan?” Lary asked purring himself a drink.