| THE TIGER'S OMEGA | 14 |

| KALEB

The Luna placed a plate full of saucy spaghetti in front of me as my mouth practically salvitated. My stomach released another growl but I was too focused on my food to be embarrassed. I felt Zev's amused stare on the side of my face but ignored it as I was trying to put as much spaghetti as I could on my fork.

I practically inhaled the forkful of spaghetti, making a mess but not particularly caring. Zev chuckled looking at my stuffed cheeks. I met his eyes as a red glaze flitted over my skin. "Maybe I should call you my little chipmunk now, puppy just doesn't seem accurate anymore." He joked playfully, a heart stuttering smirk pulling at the edge of his lips. My blush deepened as I swallowed.

Taking a napkin off the table, Zev made a point to clean the sauce off of my cheeks. I avoided his gaze and let him have his way. I was glad that the alpha family wasn't paying close attention to us. The Luna sat on her mate's lap all smiles and giggles as they took turns feeding each other. Darren sat at the island in the kitchen, which shared an open floor plan with the dining area, his back to us.

My attention was drawn back to Zev as the pad of his thumb swipped across my bottom lip. I swallowed thickly as my thoughts turned to our earlier activities. Since the first time that we touched each other so intimately this one had to be the most intense and I loved every second of it. I was completely caught off guard by the appearance of my slick, I guess I've never been so aroused as to where it needed to appear before.

And in the bathroom... I had to avert my eyes from Zev's at the memory, slightly embarrassed. Usually I had pretty good control over my wolf but some of that control slipped and I was overwhelmed by both mine and my wolf's desire to please our mate. I was honestly surprised that Zev allowed me to take control and have my way with him. It was nice but I still preferred having him hovering over with all the control in his hands. I knew Zev would never intentionally hurt me, it filled me with so much warmth and the feeling of safety and of being protected made my heart swell.

"Come back to me, puppy." He cooed through our mind link, his hand still secured around my chin. Our gazes met once again and he finished cleaning the mess I made. "Adorable." He thought absently probably not intending for me to hear it. I blushed as he let go and his gaze turned stern. "Slow down, I don't want you to choke yourself," he said brushing a curl out of my face. I nodded

"Yes, Zev," I responded like the obedient puppy that I was. Satisfied, Zev turned to his own plate and began eating. I did the same, sneaking glances at him frequently, although he captured my gaze almost every time.

Unfortunately our bubble of peace was destroyed when the scream was heard. My heart stopped as my blood ran cold and my stomach dropped. The fork slipped from my fingers just as the second scream sounded. My ears didn't even register the resulting clang as I flung myself from my chair and rushed toward the front door. Zev was hot on my heels along with the alpha family. I opened the door and almost wished that I hadn't. Zev pulled me into his chest as the alpha made his way to the mangled corpse that was surrounded by pack members.

"How'd this happen?!" He barked out angrily, hands curling into fists as his gaze once again landed on the former pack mate. My eyes watered, the state of the body was... The head was missing, along with the person's clothes, their genitals had been burned off and etched into their chest was a message.

Kaleb belongs to me.

I could tell the exact moment that Zev had read it. His whole body tensed as a blood chilling roar flew passed his lips. He pushed me behind him and I pressed my forehead onto his back as I clutched onto his arm for dear life. I closed my eyes trying to control my breathing and heart beat. My mind was whirling. I couldn't seem to think straight and the smell only made it harder.