Chapter 1 - Runaway Experiment

A body with lifeless eyes lay strapped on the bloodied surgery table surrounded by curious scientists who examined the boys throat with a camera.

"Have they healed?" The lead scientist asked someone nearby.

"Yes, it seems so but #27 definitely not speak even if he could." The other party replied and wore a wry smile.

"Inject him with him with that." The lead scientist said evilly as he thought, "Hearing screams of pain is the best hahaha!"

The man who replied previously paled and stuttered. "But we don't know what it is and if it is safe or not!"

"Shut up newbie. We'll test it now." The lead scientist smiled and thought, "I better get pay a rise from this."

The newbie went out and came back with a syringe filled with a black sticky liquid with tinges of red and hesitantly injected the liquid in Tsuna's forearm.

After injecting the liquid, the man backed away and disposed of the syringe. He looked at Tsuna with pity and worry but he concealed it a few seconds later. He knew that Tsuna had a story and did his best to make his experiments less painful but he always failed.

Tsuna felt a prick and then he felt a weird sensation travel through his body before being assaulted by a sharp pain.

Tsuna tried to open his mouth as he never felt anything like it before in his past year here. He always got the most dangerous and painful experiments because of his pain tolerance and the fact that he was mute made it easier for the scientists to concentrate. He couldn't make a sound.

But the pain was on a completely different level.

Tsuna's bloodcurdling scream travelled through the lab.

He writhed in agony and he tried to escape the shackles that bound him.

He heard his voice for the first time. He felt happy but it vanished as soon as it came. The pain intensified and he heard a voice in his head, chanting the same word all over again.

"Revenge."

The voice was cold; it was as if it was the voice of the devil.

Tsuna shuddered and he felt his blood boiling.

He felt his limbs grow at a rapid pace accompanied with torturous pain.

His back, most particularly, felt the most pain.

He felt as if he was sprouting new limbs and blood red feathers drifted across the lab. The shackles that bound him broke as soon as his wings flapped.

His naked body was cloaked with a black light which formed a black t shirt and shorts made of a strange material.

Tsuna's eyes turned blood red and his hair turned black. It was no longer the dirty chocolate brown spiky hair.

It was straight and silky, just above his shoulders.

It was the same for his eyes, they were narrower than before but he still had traces of himself. His new appearance looked to be around sixteen.

Tsuna felt his mind break down and a shrill cry resounded. At the same time, countless heads except one rolled on the floor.

A flash of orange flittered across his eyes before being engulfed by red. Tsuna's movements slowed down for a moment before they accelerated and strong winds knocked over everything. A large blurry silhouette of a black and red Phoenix appeared behind him but it quickly faded.