Chapter 2. The Meeting

Four days after his encounter with Winter, Zeref continues on his journey to meet Salem. He was almost there, just three more hours of walking.

As Zeref walked he noticed that the land was starting to become more and more.... well..dead. It was like he was slowly getting closer and closer to a barren wasteland.

And he was right. He had just arrived at the home of Salem, the Queen of the Grimm. For as far as the eye could see, the land was nothing more than a barren wasteland, with a rocky terrain and enormous purple crystals sprouting from the ground. The sky was stained red, as well as the clouds. There was also dark pitch black pools of tar-like substances, which has Grimm spawn coming out of it.

"So this is Salem's Domain... I must say it nothing like I expected it to be.... but oh well. You can come out now Salem." Said Zeref as he looked at the environment before him. And as he did, Salem come out from her hiding spot from behind one of the large purple crystals every.

She was deathly pallor, covered with deep red and purple veins that run up her arms and face. The sclera of her eyes were jet black and the irises were a glowing red color, and a black diamond shaped marking was in the center of her forehead.

She was wearing a long black robe with red designs resembling eyes and a ring on her right index finger that resembling a insect. She has white hair that's formed into a bun with six offshoots from which ornaments are suspended.

"I must say I'm quite surprised that you noticed me. You've been able to detect me twice already, and just as you said... you came to visit me.... So... shall we have that tea now?" Salem Asked. "Why yes we shall. Lead the way." Said Zeref.

As they walked, with Salem ahead a little leading the way, Zeref continued to admire the scenery. "I must, this is quite the place you've got here." Said Zeref. "Why thank you. It is quite lovely if I do say so myself." Responded Salem.

Before Zeref continue, they came upon an dark eerie, gothic looking castle at the top of a mountain with purple crystals surrounding it. It had red windows, and was made of large, dark stone bricks.

They walked inside and Salem leads Zeref to a large meeting room. The room was dark, and had an eerier feeling to it, but Zeref was unfazed by it. It had purple crystals along the walls and windows with candles on them providing some light to the room. The table was also made from the same purple crystals from before, and the chairs were made from what appeared to be white tree husks held together by black rope.

Salem walked in and gestured for him to take a seat. Excepting the gesture, Zeref walked in and sat down near the head of the table, while Salem went to he get the tea.

"So what is it you want to talk about?" Asked Salem as she came back with some tea for herself and Zeref. "I was curious as to what your goals are Salem, in turn, I shall reveal mine as well. That seems fair does it not." Said Zeref as he took a sip from his tea that Salem provided him.

Seeming to think it over for a moment, Salem nodded in agreement. "My plan is to control all of humanity and destroy anything that gets in my way. I see you as a threat and so I decided to observe you so I could find a way to defeat you. I was quite surprised when you discovered that I was watching you through one of my Grimm." Said Salem, sitting in her spot at the head of the table.

"I see. Now than, my goal is to bring about peace to the world and the extinction of all Grimm kind. I plan to introduce magic to the world, as well as create my own empire called the Alvarez Empire, ruled by me under the alias of Emperor Spriggan. Interesting right?" Said Zeref, taking another sip from his tea.

"You said that you plan to introduce magic to the world correct?" Asked Salem. Zeref nodded at this. "Then that means that you poses magic. Care to explain as to what it does?" Asked Salem as she took a sip from her cup of tea.