Chapter 4. Lost Magic and Dragon King's Festival

It was the middle of the day and it was finally time for Zeref to teach them the Lost Magic he had promised. The four sisters were standing not to far away from him, while the old man, Ozpin was standing off to the side observing them.

"Today I shall teach you Four a form of Lost Magic called Dragon Slayer Magic. It's a magic that allows the user to take on all the qualities of a Dragon. Though this doesn't necessarily mean you could slay one if you encountered one, because Dragons are extremely powerful creatures with unimaginable power, and should never be underestimated." Said Zeref. The girls were excited by this, and judging from what he said, they could tell that it's really powerful. But when he said that last part, they could tell that he was being dead serious.

"So you're saying that Dragons are real? Then how come no ones ever seen them?" Said Ozpin. When they heard this, the girls turned to Zeref excepting an explanation.

"You see, around nine hundred years ago, not long after I got my immortality, the Dragons ruled the world, they flew threw the skys, swam in the seas, and raced over the lands, but a war broke out between the Dragons that wanted to coexist with humanity, and the Dragons that wanted to enslave humanity and use them as food." Said Zeref. Ozpin and the others were shocked by this news, before a thought struck them.

"But wait? What happened to the Dragons, if there was a war, then who won?" Asked Winter. "Yeah! Tell us! We wanna know now!" Said Spring. "Patience. I was getting to that. Now? Ware was I? Oh yes. Now I remember." Said Zeref.

"The war between Dragon kind was long and hard, until it was almost certain that the Dragons that wanted to enslave humanity were going to win, until the Dragons that wanted coexistence did something that doomed all of Dragon kind." Said Zeref.

"Well? What did they do? C'mon. Tell us already." Wined Spring. "If you keep interrupting like that, then I stop telling you the story and you'll never know what happened." Said Zeref, annoyed by the constant in eruption.

"Sorry." She said embarrassed. "It's fine. Just please don't do it again." Said Zeref, still a little annoyed.

"Anyway. Those Dragons blessed humanity with their powers, thus creating Dragon Slayer Magic. And the enemy Dragons were easily overwhelmed by the Dragon Slayer's overwhelming strength, until the Dragon Slayers became so powerful that some of them betrayed the Dragons that gave them their power and started killing Dragons regardless if they were friend or foe." Said Zeref.

"Wow." Said Winter. "Yeah. That's unbelievable." Said Summer. "Incredible. Said Ozpin. Spring and Fall were at a loss for words. They didn't even know what to say.

"But."

They all turned their attention back towards Zeref, so they could hear the rest of the story.

"But the man who lead the charges power was so terrifying, he had no remorse for any who stood in his way. He slayed any and all Dragons and Dragon Slayers that got in his path, regardless of elegance. He purposely went out of his way to kill any and all Dragons he could find and bathed both himself and the countryside in the blood of all those he killed. Then one day his teeth became fangs, his skin scales, and he stopped being human all together." Said Zeref.

"Are you saying that he turned into a Dragon?" Asked a frightened Winter. The others were so scared that they were practically shaking. Even Ozpin was showing slight signs of fear as well.

"Yes. Despite his human origins, he became the King of all Dragons. And the war he gave rise to, became known as the Dragon King Festival. His name, was Acnologia. One a human, now a Dragon, cloaked in Wings of Darkness." Said Zeref.

Now all four girls were huddled together shaking in fear. Though Ozpin was showing signs of fear as well, he hid it so no one would notice. Thought, he couldn't hide it from Zeref himself.