3. Confessions Unfold

~Arthur~

My eyes fluttered open to find Merlin's face in my chest. He's the absolute cutest. I watched him for a while until he started to stir awake. Closing my eyes, I pretended to go back to sleep to see if Merlin could tell that I was faking. "Arthur, it's time to get up." He said as he, weakly, hit me with his hand. I couldn't help but smile, unfortunately Merlin noticed. "Hey, you're awake!" He said with a pout. 

Pulling him closer to me, I replied, "Maybe so but that doesn't mean I'm going anywhere." 

"Come on, Arthur. Let me go. We both have work to do today." Merlin stated with a chuckle as he tried to pry my hands from him. 

"How about no?" I said as I got us comfortable again. 

"Fine, but if you won't let me go to do by job and get up to do your own, I won't sleep here tonight." That got me going. "I knew that would work." Merlin said with a smirk on his lips. 

"Can it, Merlin." Sitting at my desk upon getting dressed, I started on the paperwork for the day. Around mid-day, Morgana stopped by for a visit. "Hey 'Gana. To what do I owe the visit?" I said with a smile.

"I just had a question about you and Merlin." She replied after a moment of looking around. 

"Okay, what did you want to know?" 

"Do you love him?" She asked.

"More than I have ever loved anyone." I responded, honestly.

"I see. I hope you two are happy together." She said with a light smile. "It's been nice to be back home. Though, not much about the castle has changed since I was here years ago. I don't know why, but I kind of expected you to add your own flare to it."

"Haven't really had the time."

"Oh.."

"Plus, I like how the castle is now. Don't you?"

"It's nice, like it's always been. Any news on Gwen?"

"Yes, actually. I sent a few knights out last night. They found her pretty quickly actually. She said she would come back to work for you."

"That's great. No offense to the new girl, but she's not the best."

"On one condition."

"Oh?"

"That I let Lancelot be a knight here again. It was all Guinevere's idea."

"Are you?"

"I think I will. I feel it's time they both come back home as you have. Besides, as I love Merlin now, I no longer have any ill feelings for Lancelot." 

"I think that's one of your most thoughtful decisions yet, Arthur." We both had a nice chuckle at that. "Well, I'm going to let you get back to your work." I gave her a nod in response and she left. I'm glad to have the old Morgana back.

~~~~~

Morgana and I decided to have dinner together like we used to with father, except Merlin was joining us. About half-way through, Guinevere and Lancelot had entered the dining hall. They had just finished their long journey here. "Thank you so much for letting us come back, Arthur." Though it was mostly their decision to leave, I nodded. 

"Would you two like to join us? We've plenty of food." Though Guinevere seemed a bit awkward about it, Lancelot pulled her towards the table and had her sit next to Merlin. 

"I'm glad you two are back." Merlin said after a moment with his signature smile. I love that smile.

"We're glad to be back. As I'm sure Morgana feels the same. Hopefully, this all means peace for a long time." We all agreed with her statement as we all ate. We all held light conversation as dinner continued. Merlin did most of the talking, yet I caught myself staring at him for the rest of dinner.