Prologue

I was called Kazuka in my previous life. It was the usual normal everyday life, that any high school guy could live with. The enjoyable but boring school life, that we all must have had once. Good times good times. 

Now that I think about it, I was always one of the average ones in my previous school. I had average looks, average physical prowess, average family members and everything about me, was average to the max. It was a bore trying to get past each day but it was bearable.

Most of the time, I would hang out with my friends to pass time. Most of them would gossip on and on about the usual stuff about the class such as who's dating who, and some of them would become like animals during class time to bring up the atmosphere during boring subjects.

I was just the guy riding on the wagon as they pulled me around and around. It was fun at most but I had always felt like I was too average for my own good, like I was born in the wrong world. But it was just my imagination getting the better of me.

Now that I think about it, I was probably jinxing myself when I thought up that sentence. Little did I know that I was going to be dead in one day from then.

Well, what's done is done, no use complaining about it. Well anyways, it was during the autumn season when the school was having its seasonal break. As you know, during the autumn season, there are a bunch of festivals happening here and there. Festivals are usual fun times and there were as I normally go and celebrate with my pals.

We all went back to our homes to prepare ourselves for a night of wild partying during the festival. I took some time to wear my yukata as it was my first time wearing one after buying it, a few weeks ago. 

I put on my sandals and walked to the nearby shrine where the festival was being held at. By now, I was probably unaware of the fact that I was already knocking on death's door by the time, I reached the shrine.

I saw my friends waiting for me at the shrine's entrance and yelled out to them. After that, we went from stall to stall, eating the good food that was sold at a reasonable price unexpectedly. I was having a blast and when fun is involved, time tends to move faster than it has to be.

After having eaten from most of the stalls already, I looked at the time on my phone as it was almost 12 AM. After looking at the time, a man shouted out that the fireworks show was about to begin in a short while. I went with my friends to search for a good spot to watch the fireworks. We had trouble finding one as it was quite packed with people, with the same intentions as us.

We found a spot shortly on a steep hill with a nice view of things. It was dangerous but we thought it would worth the dangers, just for the fireworks show. As the clock hit 12, the show began. 

The fireworks show was beautiful but at the same time, I felt like time was moving slower than usual but I thought nothing of it and brush it off. The show ended, everyone was tired and were ready go home. As I was getting up from my spot, a strong gust of wind suddenly came out of nowhere and pushed me off the cliff. 

When I look back at it, I was probably pretty dumb. The fall felt like it could go on forever as my life flashed before my eyes. I felt a sharp pain through my spine and the next moment, everything went dark. The next thing I knew, I was sleeping on a bed. I opened my eyes and I saw a ceiling light which was not my room's. 

That pretty much sums up, how I died in the first place but it was also the beginning of how I went from being a total zero to a total hero in the world of where I was reincarated into. 

( To Be Continued ) Stay tuned.