Sister's Encouragement

Right after Mr. Sin had given us a sort of a prep talk, he told us to return back to our homes and rest up for tomorrow. I was in a state of shocked as well as in fear of thinking about if I was going to die again in this new world? Even though it hasn't even been a week of when I woke up in that unfamiliar bed. Before I knew it, I had subconsciously returned back home. 

I entered the house and the first time I saw was a woman who happens to be my 'new' sister. 

" What's wrong? Your expression tells me that you aren't in a good mood. Come on, tell your big sister what's wrong, if not that grumpy expression of yours will ruin your handsome face ya know " she said. " Huh?.. Ohh its nothing.. Just thinking about some stuff.. Ya know, usual student stuff I guess.. " I answered with a sarcastic voice. She looked at me for a moment and said, " You're lying aren't you? I can tell you know. Does it have something to do with the academy by any chance? "

I was already too shocked by Mr. Sin's words during the brutal lecture, but to think that I could get any more shocked by my sister's mere words. Truly unexpected for me.

" Let me guess.... it probably because of the Inter-Class Combat Trial happening in about 2 months time, am I right? " she questioned me. " Wow.. how did you know all that? Without even asking me anything at all? " I said confused. " Did you get knocked on the head or something?? Did you forget that I was a graduate of the Elysium Academy as well as the current Head of the Raikaru Family? " she said as she looked at me funny. 

" Oh wowww what that's incredibl- I mean... I think I probably did when my class teacher threw across the classroom... hahahahah " I laughed. " WHATTT!! " she screamed. " Who the heck does he think he is to do that to my little precious brother huh!!? " she shouted. 

She was getting too agitated so I tried to calm her down before we could continue to talk. After she had calmed down, I told her that my class teach was a man called Mr. Sin who was a sort of sadistic monster who tortured us during the ability test the previous day. The instant I finished telling her about it all, her face expression was blank and wasn't clear to get a read on. She was silent for a few minutes and then she said something.

" Mr. Sin huh... Guess he still likes to refers himself in that way.. Its been a while since I last saw that bastard. I hope he hasn't died in a ditch yet somewhere. " she said in a somewhere different voice. " Nullus.. Try not to get pulled in because of his twisted personality because that's how he is even since I met him. " she told me. " But I just can't stand him! He thinks he's so high and mighty just because he's my class teacher. " I said. 

" Try to understand his intentions. He's a great man but he just doesn't show that in public for reasons, you don't need to know now. And let me tell you this, he's just as strong as any of the current family leaders, you could say that he's a legend when he was still a student of Elysium Academy. So trust in him and if its strength that you're looking for, you will be able to obtained it by learning from him ok? " she said to me. 

" Since the head of the Raikaru family trusts him so much.. Then I guess there's no reason for me to not trust him as well I guess. Thanks sis, talking to you has cleared my mind. I owe you one " I told her as I smiled at her. 

" Well you certainly have gotten better at your words, I see. Ohh and before you go, I want to give you something that might help you in the future. " she said as she handed me a pair of gloves which had a magic pentagram imprinted on them. " These gloves are a family heirloom. It was first used by the first generation family leader who said to have been the most powerful among the other 6 family leaders. Though now, the power infused within the gloves are mostly gone. It could still be of some use to you. " she said. 

I gladly took the gloves and thanked my sister. I went up into my room and went straight to sleep as I was exhausted from a long day.