Liquid Courage

"Maaaan shut yo dumb ass up! I'm daddy around here! Just ask anybody."

"Daddy? Naw you tripping! I'm daddy. Everybody in here my sons and daughters! Hahahah."

"Y'all both trippin! Better watch who you calling dumb, don't act like you ain't see that F on your progress report yesterday! And y'all better hope I don't call your actual daddies today so they can show you who boss!" I yelled across the room to my 6th grade students.

I was in my 3rd year teaching at Obama Prep Academy. This school was as hood as you can get. Straight in the middle of Compton. These kids needed tough love and I was here to serve it to them.

When I first started straight outta college kids used to run all over me. My nice demeanor was a target. I almost quit that year but something told me to stay. I'd always loved teaching so I wanted to stick with it.

As I walked into the break room I sat next to the only coworker who wasn't here for brownie points. Me and her seemed to be the only person on staff that could actually connect to the kids.

"Girl I been looking for you all day! I had to smile and laugh with these clowns all damn day!! Shit, I'm tired!" Patrice revealed.

"Hahaha girl I had to do lunch detention. You know I can't let any shit talker go unpunished."

"Yeah well you down to go to Landry's bar?!" She asked.

"Yaaaas I need a drink to start off this weekend!!"

-----------

After 4 shots I was drunk as fuck!

"You fine as hell lil mama. Let me get your number." This short drunk man was so close I could smell his weed and alcohol breath.

"I'm good. Please back up off me."

"Girl you done turned down every guy in this joint. There were some cuties in here." Trice joked.

"I'm just not feeling it man. Don't wanna just have another drunk fling."

"Who you got your eyes on missy??!"

"Hahah well there was this girl Kam I matched with on tinder." I shared.

"Giiiiiiirl let me see now!!! You been holding out heffa!"

I took out my phone and swiped through Kam's profile.

"Biiiiitch this is a goddess! Y'all haven't messaged each other??! Shit she so fine I'm feeling like she a catfish hahah"

"Girl right! You know what Ima message her right now!!" Now the liquor was talking.

"Yessss do ittttt!!" Trice cheered.

This chapter is super short but I wanted to give y'all something. Next chapter will be way longer and juicyyyy 😜❤️