The Adventures of Alice Cooper

"Remember. Don't follow too close behind." Betty put a hand on Jughead's forearm as he took a left behind Alice's car. 

Instead of responding with some smartass remark, Jughead took his foot off the pedal a bit, suddenly feeling paranoid that Alice would catch them. Both he and Betty looked around at the street signs and surrounding buildings to try and decipher her mother's destination. 

For a while, neither could wrap their heads around the journey, as Alice had taken a route they had never been down before. Soon, they found themselves about a football field or more behind her on an open road where nothing surrounded them but fields and trees. Jug looked to Betty in the passenger seat and she sent him the same odd expression. They now knew exactly where they were headed. The Blossoms' Thistle House.

When they watched Alice's car reach the Blossom driveway about a hundred yards ahead, Jughead pulled the truck over in between a large patch of trees to hide it. "What are you doing?" Betty wondered when he unbuckled his seat belt. 

"Come on." He said, opening the door and getting out. He walked around to the other side of the truck as Betty undid her belt as well and he opened the passenger side door for her. "We're walking the rest of the way so she or the infamous Penelope Blossom don't find an oddly familiar pickup truck nearby."

"Right." Betty gladly took his hand and he helped her out before they made their way through the large field that ran up to Thistle House. 

When they arrived, they quietly climbed the black fence that only slightly towered over Jughead. Jug went first, of course, helping Betty down on the other side. Once her feet hit the cobblestone path below them, they ducked down behind a few pine trees, seeing Alice on the doorstep to the temporary Blossom residence.

Rushing to a line of bushes, Juggy and Betty ducked lower before seeing Alice knock on the front door. The two sneaking teens crouched behind the bushes, looking through their branches to watch as the door eventually opened. They could barely see Penelope inside from their angle, though they heard her pretty well. 

"Alice Cooper." They just barely saw her arms cross over her chest.

"Penelope. How's life without the mister?" Alice's smug grin caused Betty's eyes to roll.

"Are you here to gloat about all of my losses, Alice or have you come for a more pressing matter?" Cheryl's mom responded with a harsh tone. "Because otherwise...I know some things that I could gloat about when it comes to your supposedly perfect little family of angels. Or should I say snakes?" 

Betty looked to Jug with confusion and he furrowed his brows with mystery before they both looked back to the two rival parents. 

"No. Actually, Penelope. I came with a question." Alice paused. "Well, not so much of a question as it is a request."

Mrs. Blossom hesitated. "Alright." 

"May I come in?" 

"I'm not so sure that's a good idea." The recovering burn victim replied.

"Oh, come on, Penelope. I don't bite." There was a pause and Alice's expression slightly changed. "Alright. Well maybe I bite a little, but I'm not poisonous."

"Mmm..." They saw Penelope step aside as Alice walked in. "I'll pretend that's true for now." 

Betty and Jughead heard the door  close and they quietly made their way out from behind the bushes. "Come on." Betty whispered, grabbing Jug's hand and pulling him with her. They snuck over to one of the well-detailed windows and sat on the gravel below it. It was luckily opened just a crack and they could hear the conversation inside.