I'm Not Doing This For You

*22 Years Ago*

Two years had passed since that kiss and Alice and FP had somehow become Southside High's power couple. Even the preppy couples and the jock couples didn't hold a hat to Smith and Jones. Alice had turned from the unknown, extremely unsocial, judgmental girl to the very popular, hot, extremely unsocial, judgmental girl who was dating FP Jones. Everyone knew who they were, even Northside kids saw them at the Drive-in and they'd know that a Jones and Smith were dating. Of course, they didn't think so highly of FP and Alice...especially together, but the Southside kids treated them like royalty. The king and queen, they were. And even teachers were aware of their highly respected relationship. 

But by the middle of Junior year, so much happened to put their love to the test. Her father got a better job and her mother got promoted. They started to talk to Alice about making her dream of moving to the Northside come true. But now...16 year old Alice was too in love to leave. FP's father was eventually promoted as well...though it was to the Serpent gang leader and in no time, FP performed the Serpents' Gauntlet to join. 

Alice was furious the moment she saw his injured face and snake bite. They finally had their first fight and things started to get worse. He was always out late with Serpent members, skipping dates with her and missing their time together. She began to accuse him of cheating or becoming one of the scum of the town and eventually, she decided to join as well to keep an eye on him and to spend more time together.

FP was hysterical when he saw her up on that stage in short shorts and a skimpy tank top, sliding down the pole in the Whyte Worm. Another huge fight broke out between them the moment she stepped off the stage. He wanted her to focus on her school work for she was bound to be incredibly successful. She was aiming to go to school as Georgetown or Yale and he knew that her becoming a Serpent would significantly impact her chances on getting out of Riverdale for good. She didn't care though. She was too obsessed and in love with him. 

She refused to lose him just as he refused to lose her.

Becoming a Serpent was easy, though staying one was tricky. Alice hated seeing certain sides of FP and she couldn't stand the way the women of the gang were treated. She had so many ideas for the gang and if she or any other female made a suggestion to the group, they were shoved off or laughed at. Alice would bring up the dilemma to FP and he would say that he hadn't a clue what to do about it.

Soon, Alice took matters into her own hands and she approached Forsythe Senior, FP's dad. 

"Sir, I think we need to talk about the way women are treated around here." The 16 year old said as she leaned against the pool table at the Whyte Worm.

Senior pushed her away so he could make his next move around the 8-ball. 

"Senior, FP and I have been talking-" She began.

"Have you now?" He interrupted, making another shot. "Well, my son needs to realize that he doesn't get a say until he realizes that you shouldn't be his number one priority, Ace." He missed his next shot. "Shit!" 

"Senior, that's kind of what I'm getting at. You're gonna let FP have a say...even though he's just a kid. All these men get to pitch in their ideas every once in a while, but when we women do, it's like nothing but white noise to you people. And the Gauntlet? Are you kidding me? You guys get to do all of these crazy tasks while us women have to go up there and degrade ourselves in front of you because you're all a bunch of horny bastards."

The other Serpent who was playing pool scratched and Senior got to go again. "Listen, doll face." He said as he lined up the cue ball with his pool stick.