Ch. 5

STILES POV

Two lines. I wasn't expecting it, but I wasn't exactly surprised either. Maybe I'd seen it coming. With all the possibilities in the supernatural world, at the very least I should have it coming. There had been signs, of course. I should have noticed with the morning sickness, the sleeping, and excessive eating.

"Are you sure?" I asked looking at the blob on the screen.

Deaton looked up at me as I asked for the tenth time "Yes Stiles. There are babies in there"

"Babies!"

"Yes two of them"

"How did this happen?" I asked in disbelief throwing my head down on the cold hospital chair.

"Well it can only happen with your mate. If Derek wasn't your mate or supernatural this wouldn't even be a possibility" He turned off the machine handing me a towel to clean the gel, and a picture he printed "Here you go"

"Is this them?"

"You're about 8 weeks" he nodded "Do you want some help telling Derek?"

"No!" I answered loud and quickly "I mean I should do it. Do you mind not telling anyone please?"

He glanced at me unsure, like he knew I was going to have a hard time telling everyone "Of course. I'm going to need to see you back in two weeks for a check up"

It was a week later and I had yet to tell Derek. In fact, no one knew besides Deaton. I was laying down on the couch staring up at the ceiling. The leaky faucet in the kitchen was dripping as if someone was tapping out a lonely beat on a drum, like a broken clock struggling to keep time. It felt like the world was slowly unraveling and coming apart. I thought back to that afternoon in Deaton's as I watched our babies, how I was going to tell Derek, how I would raise two children at 19. Deaton had routinely asked me if I had told anyone yet, the pressure became too much and eventually I gave in telling him that I did. When in fact no one knew. All the stress had tired me out and my eyes had being to drift as I prepared to slip into a deep sleep. I hadn't even enough time to tell myself "You're falling asleep" before the feeling I had became all too familiar with had crept back up my throat. I jumped from the couch racing to the downstairs bathroom. Luckily I made it there in time for my stomach to completely empty into the toilet, in the end leaving me dry heaving.

I could hear footsteps pounding the corridor that led to the bathroom. The doors burst open and by the time I looked up Derek was kneeling down beside me "This is the third time today. Maybe be we should take you to the hospital, or Deatons"

"No I'm fine I promise" I tried convincing him as a washed my mouth out in the sink.

"I know you're lying" I guess these babies were clouding my ability to keep my heart beat steady during a lie "What is it?"

I wasn't ready to tell him, not yet. I left the bathroom walking away from him "Nothing"

"Stiles? Is it because I'm smothering you"

"You're not baby I promise, I just need to be alone. It's nothing okay"

"Where are you going?"

"For a drive" With that I was out the door and in my jeep. Outside, the cutting cold was almost intolerable, but if I stayed there any longer I knew I'd never leave, and that I'd let something slip. The timelessness of the ride home wasn't helping, a constant blemish that soon may prompt me to go back, but before I could form a reasonable thought as to why I should turn around I was already out of the proximity of the house. I drove to the Beacon Hills cliff that overlooked the town. Scott and I use to always come here when high school first started, it was our secret place. We went there to laugh, to talk, to cry. Tonight I sat there and I cried, and cried it was all I could do.

SCOTT POV

Lydia and her feelings. We were all watching tv when she suddenly popped up shooing us out the door. We were all in our designated cars miles from the Hale house by the time she even told us where we were going.

We had been at the mall for about three hours and had been in every store "Do you think everything is okay with Derek and Stiles" I asked Isaac as we waited outside the dressing rooms for the girls.

"Yeah why?" he looked at me confused.

I shrugged "They were arguing"

"Couples argue Scott, we argue" he smiled lacing his fingers with mine "I'm sure everything is fine"

The girls came from their different dressing rooms and went straight to the cash register. Finally I thought.

"Okay dweebs to the food court" Eric smiled throwing Boyd her bags.

We were sitting at a table eating lunch when out the corner of my eye I spotted Deaton. He was standing in line waiting to place an order alongside his sister. I caught his eye as well and I gesture with my hand waving him over.

"Hello" he said once he reached the table. It erupted in 'hello's' and 'hey Deaton's' "How are things?"

"Pretty well. Nothing to out of the ordinary"

"Well, I'm glad you took it all so well" we looked at him quizzically, and before any of us could ask what he meant he continued to speak "Stiles being pregnant, in the supernatural world, isn't all that strange"

Erica did a spit take "What!?" Though they weren't as dramatic every pack member had their own shocked reaction to this news.

"He said he told you" Deaton admitted.

"Pregnant!" Isaac just about screeched "How-how is that even possible"

"Just one of the advantages of being supernatural mates" I could see Deaton was trying to leave the table as quickly as possible. After all he just accidently spilled a secret that wasn't his, and he didn't want to stick around for the conversation "I'll see you all later"

We turned from where Deaton once stood back to each other. Glances were exchanged throughout the table as the same thought swirled around in everyone's head.

Stiles was pregnant.