Ch. 10

5 YEARS LATER

"Papa!" Evan shouted as he ran outside towards the car "I can't find my bucket and my shovel" we were going to meet Scott and Isaac at the beach with their son, and we were already 15 minutes behind. It had become the norm for our kids to get easily distracted, a trait I think they picked up from Stiles.

"That's cause I put it it the truck already which is where you should be. Where's your sister?"

He smiled, absentmindedly climbing into the truck "She's with daddy" and as I turned Stiles came from the house. Ella was wrapped tightly in his arms and his swollen belly was leading the way. When they finally got to us Ella buried her head even more into her daddy's neck.

"What's wrong princess?" I asked brushing my hand down her raven hair, which she no doubt got from me.

"Do you wanna show your papa?" Stiles cooed. It took some convincing on Stiles' part before she lifted her head from his neck and glared right at me. Her eyes were burning a golden yellow, she was experiencing the early stages of transforming, only a few more full moons until she'd shift completely. I took her from Stiles' arms as he walked to the passenger side of the truck.

"Hey, hey you're okay" I promised her as she began to whine "Look papa can do it too remember?" and I flashed the quick red of my eyes to her. She wiped her tears with one hand while using the other to rub my face.

"Will I be like you papa?"

"Just like me princess, and you're gonna be big and strong too" she grinned and wrapped her tiny arms around my neck to give me a pretty tight hug. I buckled her into her seat. Got in the driver's side and laced my fingers with Stiles' over the consul as we started off for the beach.

When we pulled up the kids jumped from their seats to run and meet Isaac and Scott who were standing with their son Daniel. Which of course left me to unload the toys, but not before helping Stiles out of the truck. I walked to the other side to help him down, and once he landed on his feet he surged forward to place a loving and long tender kiss on my lips. He pulled away smiling but I just let my grip on him tighten.

"What was that for?" I asked

"I love you. Do I really need a reason to kiss my husband?"

"No you don't" I smiled, quickly kissing him again.

"I think this one is gonna be a boy" he noted as he rubbed his swollen belly and helped unload the truck much to my dismay.

"Why do you say that?"

He shrugged, pulling out the umbrella, which I quickly took from him to make sure he didn't do any heavy lifting "I just have a feeling. How does Dylan Hale sounds? I kinda like that"

"Sounds perfect" I agreed.

We were settled in the sand and I watched as Stiles chased the two children around the beach. Our Children, and I couldn't have been happier. I found myself so deep in thought that I hadn't notice Scott coming to sit beside me. As Isaac and Daniel ran to catch up with the other kids.

"You look happy" he noted

Laughing I told him "Of course I'm happy"

"I never thought in a million years this would be where we all ended up"

"What do you mean?"

"Well we faced so many life or death situations I didn't think we'd ever make it out of high school. I didn't think we'd ever be able to settle down, start families, ya know and be truly happy"

"I can't say I never thought the same, because I did and on multiple occasions"

"Y'know I used to hate myself for letting Stiles get sucked so deep into this, and when you two met I hate to say I hated myself even more"

I listened to his confession, then turned my head back towards my family "Scott if it wasn't you who brought us together it would've been someone else. That's what being mates means. See Stiles and I we're... we're just meant for eachother. In any galaxy, on any planet, in any lifetime we'd always find each other it doesn't matter who or what brings us together" it was the on thing in the world I was absolutely sure of, the one thing I knew to be completely true.