Ch. 8

DEREK POV

After Isaac and Scott moved out everyone fell into the same trap as well. Not because they all wanted to start a family like the two betas. Ethan went to stay with Danny in his dorms at his school. Lydia wanted a bigger place with more space for her things, while Jackson just wanted somewhere not so modern. Aiden went to a college on a scholarship and decided everyone else was leaving so he'd stay in the dorms. Malia and Kira simply wanted a place to call their own. This left Erica and Boyd, they didn't seem to mind staying, though I knew it wouldn't be long before they were gone too leaving Stiles, our kids and I in a big house. Just how I wanted it.

"Derek!" I heard Stiles scream to me in the kitchen. I smiled pulling a block of cheese from the fridge and cutting a few slices. Stiles had been having an odd craving for cheese lately so I knew exactly what he wanted "Derek!" he called out again. I walked into the living room putting the plate on his lap before sitting next to him.

"How'd you know?" I shrugged, and grinned kissing his cheek. We sat like that for about an hour watching whatever came on. The comfortable silence between us was something I cherished. We had been watching some weird tv show when Stiles threw his head back into the couch cushion, and let out a loud exhale

"What is it?" I asked worriedly.

"You're children Derek, they're kicking the shit out of me"

"They're moving?" His head rose from the couch as he took my hand in his placing it gently on his belly. They were moving, they were mine. It had all been real, but this changed everything feeling them move, hearing their heartbeats. I looked up at Stiles and he was grinning like an idiot. This was my family. I thought back to my conversation with Isaac at the barbecue and this was it, this was my chance to seal the deal.

"Marry me" I said. It wasn't anything special. There were no candles, no crescendos of melodies, no rose petals just me and the man that I loved. He stared at me and I said it again "Marry me. And not just because you're having my pups, not because people think it's the right thing to do. Marry because you love me, and because I love you"

The tears were pooling at his eyes not yet had fallen. He smiled speaking barely above a whisper "Okay"

LYDIA POV

We were sitting in my new home listening to music and just talking. I was trying to hide  all the clothes I bought for my future godchild. Derek and Stiles didn't want to know the gender yet so only Erica and I knew. It was one boy and one girl. Naturally I got the baby girl while Erica had the baby boy. It was only Danny, Erica, Stiles, Isaac and I but I still looked around at all my friends in amazement. We had all grown so much over the past years. Now, adults, here we all sat just talking having fun and enjoying eachothers company. I was especially proud of Stiles. He's come a long way from highschool, and I never in a million years would have guessed Derek would have had something to do with that. I looked at my friend and  he laughed and then winced rubbing a soft hand across his stomach.

"Are you okay, What with the wincing?" Danny asked

"Nothing, I'm fine"

"Are you sure" Erica started "Because I seen you do that earlier"

"Earlier" I said "How often?"

Stiles shut his eyes wincing again. His head fell back into the couch cushion" In the last hour... I'd say every ten minutes"

"Dude you're in labor" Isaac pipped up "Stiles why didn't you tell anyone!"

"Because this can't be happening. Okay this isn't supposed to happen for two more weeks"

"Uh newsflash you're in labor!" Erica shouted helping him up from the couch.

"I should probably call Derek"

"We'll do it from the car" Erica said smiling from ear to ear shoving him out the door.

STILES POV

We were in the car halfway to Deaton's when Erica finally called Derek. She put it on speaker and waited anxiously for him to answer.

"Hello?"

"Hurry and get to Deaton's" she said through her smile

"Why? What's happening?"

"You're about to become a dad that's what's happening"

"Right now!"

"Yes dumbass right now. Get to Deaton's!" with that she hung up not waiting for a response. Everyone in the car seemed more nervous and more anxious than I was. Probably because I was more scared than anything else. This was happening I was about to become a dad. Derek and I were getting married and we were about to become parents.

Derek and I sat in the hospital room. I told deaton it didn't hurt to badly. "Give it a couple minutes" he said with a sympathetic smile. Like he knows it's going to hurt, and he's secretly hoping I make it. He was right the pain eventually came.

Contractions came in every ten minutes bringing with them spurts of pain. I would wince and breath out in puffs waiting for them to pass. All Derek could do was take hold of my hand and wait for it to happen. His eyes were round and the clearest green, he had hope running through his veins as he leaned down pressing a lingering kiss against my sweaty temple. The time between the pain quickly became shorter and shorter and shorter until Deaton looked up at me with a sympathetic look on his face. This was it.