Part - 1

It is a truth universally acknowledged that a filthy rich man is definitely in a want of a wife.

It was the 60th dog show hosted by the Fernandes family. It was their pride. The family comprised of Mr. Jack Fernandes and his wife, Mrs Eveline Fernandes. They had two daughters - Jane and Annika.

Jane, the eldest and the most beautiful. She had maple brown curly hair, an ethereal face, pink tinted nose and round cheeks. She had the figure to die for and an impeccable dressing sense.

Annika, the second and last one was equally beautiful. She had plain black hair reaching up to her waist, deep eyes, a small nose and rose-bud lips. She wasn't interested in fashion like Jane but carried an absolutely lovely aura. She was not vastly beautiful. Her accomplishment lied in her mind. She was intelligent, intellectual, logical, strongly opinionated and headstrong.

Jane was dating a handsome guy, Mr. Charles Bingley. She promised Annika that she would introduce him to her at the dog show. The dog show came to an end, all the guests were having dinner and Annika was constantly bugging Jane to introduce her to Bingley.

"Jane, please!" Annika pleaded joining her hands and creating a scene. 

Jane smiled and took her to the garden where only a few people were standing.

"Charles, meet my sister Annika. We call her Annie" Jane beautiful praised her sister.

"Hi, you are beautiful dear" Bingley exaggerated. Annika chuckled.

He was a man of excellent handsomeness. He was gentleman-like and amiable. Annika liked him and decided that he was the only one who should have a future with her all-rounder sister.

"This is my best friend, Shivaay Oberoi" He said.

And as Bingley moved, another man came into view. He had deadly blue eyes, killer looks, a chiselled face with a perfectly trimmed stubble. His body was well-built, muscles mustered up his arms. He was impeccably handsome. Even handsome than Bingley.

"Hello, I am Annika!" She forwarded her hand and smiled.

"Hmm, it's nice to meet you" Shivaay replied coldly.

She shook his hand. Shivers ran down her spine as his rough touch lingered on her palm.

"May I have a dance?" Bingley asked  Jane to which she said yes instantly.

After they went to the dance floor, Annika sincerely hoped that Shivaay would ask her for dance but she was wrong. He stood there, staring at her minutely, measuring her every move and feature. It made her uncomfortable.

"Don't you dance Mr. Oberoi?" She inquired trying to make out his character.

"Only when forced!" he replied. It was dead space air. No one talked for a minute. Annika nodded and left for dinner.

"Why didn't you dance with her Oberoi? Isn't Annie pretty?" Bingley asked earning a death glare from his friend. Charles had excused himself from Jane and come to ask his friend to dance.

"Not pretty enough to tempt me!", he answered back. His words boomed in Annika's ears as she was just passing by.

"Hello gentlemen! I would like to excuse myself. Gotta go home for some urgent business", she reasoned as she saw Shivaay's expression darken.

"Won't you dance Miss Annika? You were so excited about it" Shivaay said and darted his eyes towards the dance floor.

"No! Actually I don't find myself pretty enough to tempt respectable
men", she retorted back with pride. The pride he had hurt just a minute ago.

Shivaay's eyes wrinkled with distress. He looked at her straight in the eye. The dazzling array of light from his eyes illuminated her soul. She was going weak on her knees.

"I should get going!" She asked permission and went away.

****

Next morning, Annika heard Jane crying in the bathroom. She slammed the door but it didn't open.

"Jane, open the door!!"

"No! Go away Annie!"

"I will, I promise, please first open up the door"

Nevertheless, Jane opened the door with soar eyes, a red face and dried tears. Annika held her shoulders and embraced her.

"What happened?" Annika stuttered at her words seeing Jane's condition.

"Charles broke up with me!"

"Why?" There was a lump in Annika's throat. She sighed deeply as fresh tears welled up in her eyes.

"Because apparently his friend did not like----"

"Wait a minute, his friend?"

"Yes. Mr. Oberoi disliked my relationship with Charles and laid various kind of objections against me"

"What kind of objections?"

"Objections against my family. He said that my family is poor, I don't have any special connections and....", Jane stopped midway as she broke down once again.

"And? Tell me Jane, and what?"

"He accused me of not having any special feelings for Charles"

That's it. It was enough for Annika. She sat on the chair beside the table. Her face fell, she couldn't utter anything. Jane was her inspiration, her support system. She couldn't afford to watch her cry.

"Insufferable! Insufferable man!" Annika yelled. She was cursing Shivaay. Every curse was falling short to describe Shivaay's cruelty.

"How could he? How could he separate two lovers?" She continued.

Jane hugged Annika. The sisters consoled each other.

****

Annika was devastated. Jane was full of despair from the past few days. That's when, the city resonated with the news of the 'King and Queen' ball in one of the famous banquet halls of Mumbai.

The ball was scheduled to be at midnight, only couple were allowed to enter. If someone was partner-less, he/she would be paired with a random person. That was the unique trait of the ball.

Annika was sad herself. But she decided to take Jane to the ball to cheer up her mood.
She bought themselves two magnificent ball gowns and prepared for the dance with Jane's help. Both of them shared laughter and joy.

They seemed happy and content with the little things they had.
Yes, it might be true that they didn't had a lot of money.

Jane and Annika were truly accomplished in every sense. They were beautiful and intelligent women full of knowledge and skills.

They would surely get themselves good husbands, don't you think?

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys. Back with another ShivIka story. It's a 3S.

Here goes part 1, hope you all liked it.

Love,
Moha❤