Part -3

It had been one week since the ball. The encounter with Shivaay was still afresh in Annika's heart. She wanted to scream. Some feelings were developed in her heart for Shivaay. The feelings of affection and love, maybe.

In the evening, when Jack and Eveline were outside fetching some groceries, the sisters were having a hearty talk.

Jane was sitting on an easy chair in the verandah while Annika was leaning against the wall. Both of them lingered in silence for a long time when Annika broke the ice.

"Don't you think, don't you think he was wrong to separate you and Charles?" Annika asked.

"Mr. Oberoi? Yes, he was very wrong. But it was not his fault!" Jane replied being back to her serene nature.

"What!? I don't understand!"

"I didn't show my love for Charles so openly. I was always a little detached from him. That's why Shivaay thought I didn't had any feelings for Bingley!"

"You are shy, Jane!"

"Yes. You know that. I know that. But Shivaay doesn't. Every observer would think like Shivaay. It's natural Annie!"

"How can you think so well of others even when they don't deserve it!?"

"You flatter me Annie. But I am telling the truth!" Jane looked aside as some memories with Bingley flashed in her mind.

Annika smiled. She understood that Shivaay became a fool in this matter. He really didn't know about Jane's shyness, how would he understand that she loved Charles?
He was right. He was wrong too. But that wasn't his fault. Every person would think like that after observing Jane's faint connection with Bingley.

****
Next day, Jane and Annika's uncle and aunt, Mr. and Mrs. Gardner arrived.
Eveline welcomed them heartily.

The whole family sat at the dining table and got engaged in usual conversations. When all of a sudden, the mention of London brought about the very glow on Jane and Annika's face.

"London is such a vast, gorgeous, historic city. Don't you girls agree?" Mrs. Gardner asked, excited.

Jane remembered everything and a tear trickled down her face.

"We cannot agree more aunty!" Annika quickly answered and winked at Jane.

"So, you girls should come with us to London. We are going there to attend a party" Mr. Gardner insisted.

"Pardon me? A party in London?" Jane was surprised.

"Yes. It's a business party. Eveline, please convince your daughters to come with us!" Mrs. Gardner requested.

Jane and Annika agreed reluctantly after the requests their family threw at them.

They were packing their things when Jane sat and sighed loud enough for Annika to hear.

"What if I meet him there?" Jane started worrying.

"What!? London is not bought by Mr. Bingley, is it? It's a free tourist city. Calm down sister!" Annika explained.

"Hmm, let's go!"

"Yes. Let's enjoy our lives a little. We'll see what happens later!"

****
Reaching London, Annika got lost in the beauty of the city. It was just like a painted picture comprising of sparkling, vibrant colours. The malls, buildings, apartments, houses, restaurants, clubs, every damn thing was magical.

They checked-in in the Classic Inn. It was a small cottage on a valley and the town was a two-minutes walk from there.

In the night, Jane and Annika accompanied their uncle-aunt to the business party.

The party was held in a house. Annika saw the nameplate read 'Oberoi Mansion'

It was a white-marbled mansion with a huge verdant garden at it's front. Annika's heart pounded and she looked down as she approached her uncle's business dealer.

"Hi, meet my nieces, Jane and Annika!" Mr. Gardner introduced.

And as Annika looked up, she saw Shivaay dressed up in a black suit. He was looking dashing as ever.

Shivaay was bewildered to see her. His heart throbbed inside his chest after beholding the ethereal beauty in a black English frill frock.

"Hi! How are you?" He asked in a polite tone.

"We are good!" Jane replied as Annika was too shocked to even move.

"Let's see your house, Mr. Oberoi!", Mrs. Gardner requested.

Shivaay escorted them inside the house. Annika's breath hitched to see the overbearingly beautiful mansion. She was much overwhelmed to see Shivaay's charming portrait.

"I am sorry as you have to bear this man!" Jane said.

"Don't say like this!" Annika uttered.

"Why not!?"

"Jane, I have been so blind! So freaking blind! He loved me and proposed me to marry him. But I rejected him thinking what cruelty he had done to you!"

"Oh god, what did you do?"

"I know he was a fool in judging your love for Charles. But then, so was I. I was a fool in judging him!"

"So did you unleash the actual Mr.Oberoi?"

"Yes!"

"How he's like?"

"He is not proud. He is perfectly amiable and kind-hearted!"

"Tell him that right away!"

"No I can't! What's the guarantee he still loves me?" Annika looked down.

"I still love you!" A voice came from behind. She knew it was Shivaay. They looked at each other.

Suddenly, Bingley came and took Jane into a corner. He proposed her to marry him. She instantly said yes and kissed him.

On the other side, Annika and Shivaay stared at each other in awe.

Annika fidgeted with her fingers and came close to him. She looked at him straight in the eye!

"I am sorry!" She apologized. She was almost crying.

"No! I was being a jerk at that time. How can I make amends for such a behaviour?" He questioned.

"After abusing so to your face, it is I who should be making amends. Moreover, you united Jane and Charles!" She replied seeing Jane and Charles kissing each other.

"Surely, you must know. It was all for you. Annika, you are too generous to trifle with me. If your feelings are what they were two weeks ago, tell me so at once! My affections and wishes have not changed! But one word from you will silence me on this subject forever"

"But if, however, your feelings have changed. You should know, you have bewitched me and my body and soul and I love you. I love you like crazy! Will you marry me?" He finished his long speech and ended it with the most important question.

Annika smiled. She kissed him softly and caressed his cheeks.

"Is that a yes?"

"Yes. A thousand times yes!" She jumped in his arms and kissed him. He reciprocated and captured her waist. Her feet didn't touch the ground, he swirled her around in his arms.

"I Love you Mr. Oberoi!"

"I Love you more Mrs. Oberoi!!"

----------------------------------------------------------