Part- 2

Jane and Annika entered the midnight 'King and Queen' ball. They were quintessentially dressed.

Jane was wrapped in a satin white gown with pink frills all over it.

Annika's dress looked more remarkable. She wore a blue Cinderella styled gown. Stone-studded earrings and a hand chain intensified her look. She walked with an air of grace with milky-white heels.

With an air of aristocracy, the sisters walked further inside

With an air of aristocracy, the sisters walked further inside. But the sight in front of them shook them completely.

They saw Bingley dancing with a girl while Shivaay was standing and admiring it from far.

Shivaay was wearing a light blue suit and looked dashing in his attire.

Jane was going to leave when Annika held her wrist tightly

Jane was going to leave when Annika held her wrist tightly. Jane was feeling devastated. She went straight to Bingley and crossed her hands against her chest.

While Annika made her way towards Shivaay and made questioning eyes.

"May I have a dance Mr. Bingley?" Jane asked. He instantly agreed.

"Mr. Oberoi, may I have the honour of a special dance with you!?", she sarcastically asked. Shivaay nodded his head in a yes.

Jane and Charles danced together. They were lost in each other's embrace. Her eye's streamed with tears and he wanted to kill himself for leaving her. But he was compelled to do so.

Annika breathed heavily when Shivaay caught her waist. He made patterns on her bare shoulder. His touch maddened her. She tried to remain calm and composed. But the sudden adrenaline rushes were making it impossible for her.

"Don't you talk while dancing Mr. Oberoi?", she asked nonchalantly.

"I shall. Tell me, what would you like to hear?" he counter-questioned.

"Nothing!", her voice almost cracked as tears were welling up in her eyes. He had ruined the happiness of her sister, how can she forgive him?

Shivaay noticed her tears and held her waist tighter. She shivered as drops of saline water came rushing down her cheeks.

"Why are you crying Annika?", he whispered in his husky tone. Thousands of butterflies erupted in her stomach.

She escaped from his hold and went into the balcony of the hall. She screamed out loud, her eyes were a pool of emotions then.

"What happened?", Shivaay's voice boomed in her ears.

She turned around to see Shivaay in a dishevelled state. His hair was messed up, his eyes were bloodshot red. His tie was clinging to his collar. His shirt was half-unbuttoned.

"What's this?", she inquired and caressed his cheeks. A sudden urge of kissing him raged inside her. She tried hard to control her alien thoughts.

"In vain, I have suffered. This won't do!", he looked aside.

"Huh?" She was confused.

"I was scared. My feelings, the inferiority of your birth, my circumstances, your status. I was afraid of our differences. I am sorry. I should have told you earlier. I am--"

"I don't understand!"

"I Love You, most ardently. I love you very much!", he replied back immediately.

Annika was more than shocked. She held her face in her hands and cried vigorously. From the past few days, she only thought of him. Whether in love or contempt, he used to occupy her thoughts all the time. But what he did to Jane was beyond forgiveness.

"Do me the honour of marrying me!", he proposed tenderly.

"I can't! And I won't!"

"Is this your reply? Are you rejecting me?"

"Yes. Because I cannot marry a person who has ruined the happiness of my beloved sister. Can you deny it Mr. Oberoi?"

"No, I don't. What I did was in the service of a friend. I believe your sister is indifferent to Charles"

"How so!?"

"I watched her carefully, measured her moves and deciphered her feelings. And I observed that Charles' feelings were deeper than hers!"

"That's because she is shy!"

"You cannot be shy in matters of love!"

"Ohh god! How will I make you understand? My sister hardly shows her true feelings to me!!"

"Hmm. But objections were laid against your family too!"

"Why? What did we do?"

"It was your lack of money and luxury!"

"Ohkay! From the first time I saw you, I understood that you hurt others for your arrogance. That you have a selfish disdain for the feelings of others. And I decided instantly that you are the last man I would ever marry!", she roared like a lioness.

Shivaay took some steps back as tears were brimming in her eyes. He came close to her face suddenly. Their lips were almost touching.

"That's your opinion of me? Thank you Miss Annika for stating it so fluently!", he was hurt.

He nibbled at her lower lip and sucked it softly. He was pouring out his love and his soul into the kiss as if it was the first and the last time he was getting to kiss her. He grasped her cheeks, stroke them back and forth and continued smooching her with all the passion he had in store. Annika was going out of her mind, she held his shoulders and drifted away in the passion. Tears were flowing constantly from her eyes. He stroke her gown and pulled her against him. He stopped kissing her suddenly and looked at her. She was shaking convulsively and her breathing became uneven.

He left from there right away.

Annika was helpless. He compelled her to behave so heartlessly. Did he really love her? She held the railing of the balcony and sighed. She wiped off the uncontrollable tears.

"I haven't cried this much my whole life", she yelled at herself.

But the truth was, Annika was enchanted by Shivaay. She couldn't decipher the emotions flowing in her body like an electric current.

****
Annika rushed to the ballroom and saw Charles and Shivaay leaving. Jane was standing on one side and weeping. Annika rattled through her heavy gown and stilettos and reached Jane somehow.

"What happened, What did he say Jane?", Annika patted her shoulder.

"Nothing, he expressed his empathy for me and bid me goodbye!", Jane replied trying to be calm and serene.

"Goodbye?"

"Yes! He is leaving New York City and settling in London. Mr. Oberoi is accompanying him"

Annika felt a pain piercing her heart at the mention of Shivaay. She was melancholic for Jane.

Annika quickly hugged Jane and kissed her forehead.

Jane and Annika were truly commendable. They tackled themselves beautifully.

But what about Shivaay and Annika?
Will they be together? Can Annika unleash his true character?

-----------------------------------------------------------

Mohasweta

Please vote & comment guys!!!!