The Man Named Martin

He smiled as he looked at his shelf.
Seeing his books, were like his morning prayers. He loved his book like a dog who loves it's bone,even the dearest person, his sister couldn't touch them. Once he enters his room he never comes out till he his done with what he called his mind.

It's was a new week, He decided to take a walk for the first time to his new office. He never said hi to anyone and he never spoke anything to anyone. If at all he ever spoke, he talks only matters related to his poem and rhythms, which He wasn't really good at.
As he walked to his office, people whispered; who is  this young man who has no woman in his life except his fucked up poems

He never really cared about their speech though.

He got to his office as early as He could, smiling charmingly even if it wasn't meant for anyone. He went to his desk, then looking at his computer putting it on, put on the head set, fixed the mouth piece and sat down, texting his communication connections and services. He His a radio broadcaster.

"Well, morning people"
He said clearing his throat

"I am Martin by name. Today's program is the Singer's choice  and we would be giving you all the opportunity to sing a song of your choice...".

Then he pursed. He felt like something was missing. It seemed to him there was no signal. But no, there is. He was just new to the job so he was not good in it.
Looking at his watch, he continued;

"Ermm, well I hope you all would have a wonderful day, Well for those going to work, I have a little morning advice for you on having a nice day"

He pursed, took a deep breath and continued.

"For you to have a nice day at the office, get a cup of coffee and some cookies as your breakfast. And always smile even if you don't want to."

He stopped chuckling a little at his speech he had copied from his granny when he was still a teen. Still waiting for a notification or a call from any one who was ready to participate in the Singer's choice program. No one. He looked at the desk almost next to his, His co-worker there was doing really great, as he communicated with the persons who were tuned to his.

"Come on guys, don't tell me you all  can't sing?"
He said out of frustration.

No one came up. Soon it was evening already.

"Agh"
He sigh in resentment

"Well I still remain Martin, see you guys on next week's program, motherfu_"

It went of_
the managing director had heard him about to say the word, and had cut him off the line.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing. Hey I didn't employ you for shit"

"I know boss, but _"

"But what?, talk to the listener the way you like. if you ain't want the job, you could clean the rest room. I could pay you two dollar for that or you stick to your job and do it right".

He didn't think much, he knew the job was really important as he needed enough money to keep his financial life stable. He gave his boss an assuring smile. Then went his way.

*** *** ***
He got to his sister's school, She was having extra classes. He had paid for extra classes, He knew he might not be coming from work on time.

His sister was really cute and pretty, with her lovely dark brown hair, and her adorable smile.

"Martin!"
She called out, waving at him. She had always called him by his name. She didn't really like his personality though, but He his all she has.

"How's my baby doing with her schooling"
He asked the teacher.

"Yah great, trust me. I taught her till I saw her brain smoking."
She smiled a little, then looking towards the direction of Martin sister, who was busy arranging her books at the far end of the room.

"Besides she is really smart at this young age"

"I know right, she's my sister after all".
He said boastfully. Now looking at his sister
"Isa, let's leave. It's getting late already"

His sister looked at him, then looked at Miss Sophia her teacher, went to her and hugged her.

"I'll see you tomorrow Miss Sophia"

She said as she left her and went to Martin.

"Bye". She said as she waved her hand.

*** *** ***
They got home real late. He raised Isabella up as they entered the house so she wouldn't hit anything on her way. Then he put on the light, closed the door and dropped her.

"how was your day"
He asked trying to put on the Tv.

"Fine"
She replied without concern. She knew the next thing he would do was to eat and lock himself in the prison he calls room.

"Well, go clean your self, while I prepare something to eat"

She kept mute, and just rolled her eyes in return to his instruction. Then went to the fridge, took a carton of milk, honey, and a packet of cereal. She walked pass Martin, hissed and walked into her room. Matin wanted to hold her but he couldn't move.
He had never raised his hands to beat his sister before.

"Isabe_", he stop feeling frustrated. 'nothing new, it happens always' he thought.

"Phew, really"
He sighed

He decided not to eat, then walked to his room and close the door. He put off the light, and on the table lamp, making the room a little bit moody.
Then he took a deep breath in and out, then smiled as he brought out his sit and sat down.
He held his pen and a sheet of paper. He always wish he could write something perfect.

"Let's do this", he muttered

I am lost in taught
when I try to find someone I trust
I kicked the world out the zone
when I tend to be alone
I try to listen to my mind
because I feel it tells me the time
of all the things I have to do when it's right
oh why do I cry
even if I am not a child
And of every drop that comes from my eyes
it's like a burden in my heart
But_

He stopped looked at the sheet, He felt it wasn't perfect. He stood up opened his scrap file, and put the sheet among other scrapped sheets , then He put off the lamp and went to bed.

Few minutes later he rolled over, facing the celling, he wasn't sleeping, He was deeply in thought. For few minutes he didn't say a word, he just kept staring.

"What a day"
He finally said.

What are your opinion on this chapter?
If you like the book please don't forget to leave your comments and vote. If there is any improvement to be made just comment also. Thanks
Godswill Tristian