Part 1

Yoongi POV

In Yoongi's 500 or so years, he didn't find interaction with humans all that appealing. Though, he supposed, interaction in general was not his forte. Aside from his six brothers, he hardly spoke to anyone.

Around the time of the Salem Witch Trials, it had become apparent that, although he and his brothers were not witches, they were still supernatural beings that the human world would not take kindly to. They were still young, less than a century each in age, and their bloodline had to be preserved. They had to hide their identities as vampires and become hidden to the outside world. That left one problem, though. How would they feed? So, they made a deal with a man and his family who, at that time, were struggling for survival. They would offer themselves up as a source of food to the brotherhood of vampires if and once they, the humans, became of age, as well as swear a vow of secrecy, and in exchange, the seven of them would offer his family any comfort they needed and desired, for generations to come. Not having much choice, the father agreed, and thus started the bond between the brotherhood of vampires and their human companions.

Yoongi wasn't really taken with the idea from the beginning. Humans were vain, selfish creatures, and were extremely delicate. He longed for the days where he only had to feed on them once and leave their corpses behind to fertilize the ground. Though the rest of his brothers relatively made more of an effort to befriend these beings upon each passing generation, Yoongi did no such thing. What's the point? he would often ask. They'll be dead soon anyway. The only time he entered their presence in the spacious manor they all lived in was for a quick drink when he was feeling especially parched.

Time is especially grueling to watch pass when you're immortal. To clear his time, Yoongi often wrote music. Ever since coming across the works of Bach as a young fledgling, it was a passion he wanted to pursue. He was enamored with the art of music. He'd made personal acquaintance with artists like Mozart, Beethoven, Debussy, Vivaldi, Louis Armstrong, Frank Sinatra, Elvis Presley, The Beatles, Simon and Garfunkel... he could continue on. He found that musicians were the only humans he could tolerate. They saw beyond their own world and wished for something better. They made the world more beautiful, the tarnished thing that it was.

For centuries he was lost in his world of music, thousands of musical drafts littered around his room. His brothers often wondered at why he never sent it out into the world, even anonymously, or why he never threw the old stuff away. He hissed whenever he saw them come close to his work. Each sheet was a memory. He would never rid himself of any of it. All he had to do was take one, sit down at the piano, and he could recall a memory nearly forgotten from two centuries passed. That was the power music had. He only ever shed tears recalling those things, the only parts of him he could call beautiful.

Yoongi probably would have lived on like that for centuries more to come. Contained within himself. Unwilling to branch out. It seems, though, that no matter how much time one has experienced, it can't prepare a person for the unexpected. This one unexpected thing that had hit Yoongi like a tidal wave was a little girl, born in the age where technology was rising to its greatest heights, a girl who possessed an inane amount of curiosity that unsettled him to his very core.

One day he found this ward, one of many that he'd had over the years, fumbling about in his quarters, the small thing no older than four or five years old. The sound of the piano, the only one in the manor, alerted him from the other side of the aged structure, and he ran in a fury to inspect who had dared enter his room. He halted when he found the small creature barely half his size banging her tiny fingers on the keys. With a little bit of an annoyed edge, he treaded quizzically into the room, coming up behind her. "What are you doing?"