Actors/Sprained Ankle

(Time to mix personal experience with fanfiction)

There are two kinds of people in the world-- those who take the stage and those who paint the backdrop.

Our story here is kinda of like that.

Akira was the school's best actor, destined for both Broadway and Hollywood if he pleased. His vocal projection ways always perfect, always as booming or as soft as the character required. He could easily play any character he pleased no matter who they were. He landed mentally unstable Jason Dean and morally-driven Elder Price with ease. It was honestly the most incredibly beautiful  thing to experience.

This year, he was Puck in A Midsummer's Night Dream.

And Yusuke was in charge of painting the forest backdrop.

Practice started and Akira took the stage and Yusuke grabbed his brushes. Today was the first dress rehearsal and that meant they were REALLY behind on the set.

Akira poked his head out of the curtains. He gave the empty auditorium a large mischievous grin. "Greetings everyone. We are all gathered here to see story of mischief in the woods for all. Young or old, short or tall! We truly hope you all enjoy this story. And, if you do not, act though as if  it were all a pleasant dream!" He scampered off stage.

The next few scenes went by dully, with the teacher internally screaming whenever the fairies spoke (she gave them the shortest and simplest lines in the whole show and they somehow STILL messed that up) and being impressed with how much Ann had improved--which still wasn't a lot. Then came Akira's part.

He jauntily danced onto the stage, still with the signature grin he gave Puck. The girl playing Titania followed close behind. Akira stood beside Oberon, still bouncing on his feet. "Over briar and brook, only minutes it took. Oh king, I brought you  your queen!"  (Fangirling_1217)

He gestured wildly at Titania before heading to stand beside the other fairies. Their king and queen argued for sometime. The fairies inched closer to argument, trying to catch a glimpse of their marital problems. Akira pushed them away. "Fairies, hide yourself from sight, I think I smell a royal fight!"

All the fairies 'scrambled' (they really kinda just walked reluctantly) behind the two trees.

And that's when things went to shit.

Akira stumbled his way to the incomplete tree  Yusuke happened to be working on. And you know what he did?

He tripped and fell onto him.

Everybody stopped to stare at them. They would use any excuse to not pay attention to practice. Even some people laughed. A few actually weren't douchebags and asked if they were okay.

Akira sat up and apologized profusely to Yusuke. Yusuke gave him a small smile. "It's quite alright, really. There's no reason to fuss about it." He said calmly. In reality, he was freaking out. That was probably the only time he'd actually talk to the other male and he basically told him to shut up. Yusuke knew he would never have a chance with him. Not because he thought Akira was straight, quite the opposite actually. He was actually very open about it and wore his rainbow heart with pride. 

The actor gave a relieved sigh as he stood up. He offered to help Yusuke up. He hesitated for a second, he didn't know why though. Yusuke slowly took Akira's hand and stood up. He then winced at the pain he felt on his right ankle once he applied pressure to it. Akira 's look turned to that of concern.

"OH god, you're not okay."

The drama teacher looked away from giving Titania and Oberon a few critiques and faced them. "What's going on back there?"

"I think I might have sprained my ankle, Mrs."

She groaned. "Go to the clinic, the lady is probably still there. Come back in the morning to finish, okay? Puck you did this, you take him."

Akira saluted her. "Aye Aye cap'ain!" He picked up Yusuke bridal style. He looked at Akira in confusion. "You don't have to carry me." Akira smiled as he started to walk out of the auditorium. "I know. But I want to. Plus . . ." he held him closer "You're pretty cute, ya know?" Yusuke didn't respond and he didn't meet the others gaze.

After they exited to auditorium. Everything was nearly silent. That is, until the girl playing Hermia-- a Hispanic exchange student from Florida --piped up.

"Anyone else ship it? 'Cause I ship it like FedEx."

Everyone shouted in agreement. 

AAAAAAAHHH I LOVED THAT PLAY SO MUCH HALP ME!!!