•Chapter| 4•

After feeling disgusted about what Mr. Knight said to me I went straight to work, I don't want what Mr. Knight said to me effect my job. I got to work went to straight to my office, sitting down on my chair running over some few paperworks.

"Kyanna" I call

"Yes mam" she replies

"Did you get in touch with Mr. Hayes about the money he owes me"

"Yes, he said he will be coming in an hour to discuss it with you"

He is taking forever, I don't like to wait. "Thank you" I then hung up looking at the paperwork I'm working on, I was thinking of building another hotel in New York, but I'm going to need help from Mr. Knight, after slapping his face I don't know if he wants to continue this project with me... but it wasn't my fault he tried to get in my pants and I don't appreciate man whores.

Why does he seem to get me in such a angry mood when I think of him? I never get so worked up about a man like him. A knock on the door snaps me out of my thoughts. Who could it be.

"Come in" I called out to the person outside. As the door opens I see Mr. Hayes coming in. Well finally, what took him so long, the money he borrowed from me was like 2 months ago and he finally shows up to pay it.

"Mr. Hayes good to see you" I saw standing up to greet him, I gesture him to sit down so we could discuss about the money he owes.
"So you know the reason why I called you, it's been 2 months Mr. Hayes and you still haven't paid me back" he looks at me "I'm really sorry, I've been busy and needed time to collect all your money so I can pay you in full" I looked at him understanding his reasons, he has been struggling with money. I gave him two hundred thousand so he was able to keep working. The only reason I helped him out was because he helped me get started with my company when I first started, most people questioned why I started a new company since my dad already had such a big company, but the reason was, I didn't want his company, I wanted to make my own, I wanted to let people know that I wasn't a spoilt brat that got everything from her daddy, I wanted to have something that was mine and what I created not my fathers. Lucky for me I met Mr. Hayes he helped me achieve my goal so I was really grateful to him.

I sighed "it's fine Mr.Hayes, you don't have to pay me" he looked up confused "but Miss Val-" I knew he was about to protest  "No Mr. Hayes, you have done a lot for me, you have helped me to create this company, without you it wouldn't of been standing here right now, so I would take that as a repayment from you and I don't accept the word 'no'" I said smiling.

Elijah POV
——————————

After she walked out of my office, I picked up my phone and called one of my partners.
"Well? Did you swoop her off her feet?" He asked "No, she didn't really like my approach of things" I said rubbing my cheek that was sting like a bitch, that girl can slap "what did you say to her?"
I went silent for a little while until I spoke "I said have sex with me" he started laughing "you better shut up before I kill, I say to him as he goes quiet, that's what I thought. I still don't understand why she denied me, most girls would jump to the chance to have sex with me, why didn't she.
"Well to be honest, that ain't the way to flatter a girls heart" he said breaking the silence, why not? Any girl would want me.
"I got some information on her, hear this, she has never been in a relationship with man before or ever been seen with one" that's weird, she is really attractive, any guy wouldn't give up a opportunity to fuck her.
"and the company she owns is not from her father, she made that company from scratch not even using her fathers money, so all her success was from herself not her fathers" hmm, so she is not a brat that gets her money from her daddy "when she was 17, She got accepted to Yale" she is smart as well, but I know she is just as bad as her father. That innocence is just an act "that's all I need"
"wait, one more thing, I found out something when I was hacking into some old files of hers, and guess what I found, her mother was murdered when she was only a baby, it's said that her mother was shot in the head when she and her mother were alone at home, but the killer left her alive" so that's what he was keeping from the public, I bet he payed a lot of money so that wouldn't go out. Must be why she is so independent and so closed off from people, never shedding a tear, I knew from watching her for 2 years, I'm going to make you fall in love with me Joanna.

Then I'm going to get my revenge, I've waited for so long.