Chapter 18. Malanya

*Please listen to the music*

I managed to keep my head down and unnoticed as I found a seat and sat down to continue on listening, although I was terrified out of my mind, being surrounded by... who knows who all of these poor werefoxes were! There were all sorts of breeds around the room, but not one Arctic fox. I then tried to focus onto the principals words.

"...Yes, an echo lost in space is what they are now, but I don't just believe that they are extinct like you all might suggest. No, they are still around, and the rumours of the werefoxes secretly breeding warriors, of a rare breed too. I am just figuring this out but I do hope that you keep this a secret. Even if you tell your parents, that risk I cannot afford. Now you might be wondering, what proof I have, am I crazy, why am I entrusting you with such secrecy?"

He paused as murmuring filled the room for a moment, then everyone kept silent, wanting to hear more.

And surprisingly so did I.

But as the last of the murmuring started to fade, lightning stuck in the distance, light filled the room, and thats when I spotted Alex. He was in the corner of the room, barely an emotion seemed to show on his face, except slight fear, confusion and his face was so pale... and purple. I stared at him closer, and then I felt as if I had been struck by a bolt of horror. darkness. Anger.

Both eyes purple and green with bruises, his cheeks burning red from the few stares close to him that had also noticed this, but he spaired no mind to them, and kept his eyes sturdy and unmoving on the principal. And then suddenly the principal started talking more.

"Well my proof comes firstly, to these pictures" he said, before nodding at someone at the back of the room pressed some button on his laptop, then a bright light soon shone in front of everyone. We all blinked, sudden light in our eyes effected us similar the way that a rabbit does, blinded by the light in the dark, but soon our eyes adjusted and it was a projecting light onto the wall in front of us.

"This, my 11th graders, is what I like to call Malanya, it is a green liquid that was once found at the remains on a werefoxes birth. I was still a young alpha back then and didn't think twice about touching it, and ever since I did I have never been the same. It electrocuted me with feelings I have never felt before. Not happy nor sad. But after a few minutes of birth, it turned into blood. The mother of the little werefox managed to escape her cage, with her one pup but we easily tracked the weak fox down and shot a bullet to the head. But once we reached her body, the pup was no where to be seen. Such as shame that we couldn't her, but we did a DNA test on this liquid, being blood" he pointed to the screen as the next slide came across.

It showed the mother, its lifeless body laying on an experiment table. I shuddered. "It was real blood, on average but it had no connection to its mother, her blood being darker and richer, showing less power. We had no choice but to kill all of the female foxes, in case of the danger that one of them held secretly, because not one had strong power in their jeans. Most of these claws and tails around the room consist of those foxes" he gestured around. I didn't bother looking.

"So I believe that a fox somehow slipped into the treatment lab, pretended to be a woman who worked on the stuffing, and killed her, using her clothes, ID and similar looks, and I believe that she shifted to blend into the other foxes, accidentally gave birth early to her pup and didn't have time to take her pup with her before escaping. The real woman's body was found days later, as well as a dead fox pups body, who obviously had been miscarried by the mother I showed before, and must have taken in the other fox pup, and had a conversation with its previous mother." He kept showing so many slides of proof.

"And knowing that, that one fox is out there, plus, many sightings and random deaths found deep in the forests, I believe they exist and it wont be long until its too late for all of us" he said. I sighed, confused.

But then it hit me. I felt light I went into a vision of some sort, remembering when I attacked Jet.
Green orbs, looking like lasers had sprung from my finger tips. How could I have not found this out sooner? What if I am that pup? But then that wouldn't make any sense. Where my parents live, or lived, that is so far from here, so deep in the woods. But then if this was true... I mean, the pictures were definitely real because us werefoxes and werewolves have sight so good to tell if a photo is real or not. In fact sometimes lying is difficult but of course we all have our ways around our secrets but this is too much for me to take in.

"That is all I have to say, you may now all leave to your rooms but the people on the screen must stay back" he said. I looked at the screen: Astra. Alex. Nathan.

I gulped. What a convenience. As people started to leave I tried controlling my breathing and my heartbeat. The principals eyes made eye contact with me for a second, making me lose a breath. Could he sense my feelings? No he was too far. But that look in his eyes. And Jet just told me to stay close to my mate...? I could sense him, far away, too far most likely outside where no one could sense him but me, being his mate. And what was the danger? Surely if this horrid principle knew about 'us' he wouldn't hurt us here? There are too many people.

Eventually the room cleared out, leaving us three with the principal. We all walked towards him once he beckoned us with a nod to each of us and all moved on cue. Once we reached the nearest seats at the front we all took a seat. "I'm not going to keep you three long, I have just decided to ask you all some questions. Now firstly, do you think you trust me? And will you tell anyone about our secret?" He asked. I didn't know which 'our secret' he meant.

"Yeah" we all mumbled in unison, although we were very unsure, I tried to keep my gaze away from Alex, the awkwardness feelings were almost too much. I knew something was up. "Good, because what I'm about to tell you is top secret... something harmful, but fun. Very Fun. Hah, what do you think now?" He smiled devilishly.

____________________________

Extremely short chapters are what I'm going to be posting... ok not too short but yeah... with exams and all and other stuff I haven't had time to upload. Also, If you liked this chapter please vote, and honestly I was thinking of giving up on writing this story since I'm busy a lot but with the few comments I get, they convince me to keep going... AND OVER 700 READS???? IM CRYING 😂
I just started a story randomly a poof am actually got people reading my story and at least 2 votes on each chapter which is still good.