i wish i could turn back time

time. but it's too late
now. way too late.

01 September 2017
10.40pm

JEON JUNGKOOK

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to Jungkookie, Happy birthday to you!"

Loud claps were heard in the dimly lit living room as I closed my eyes, making a wish then blowed the candles.

It was my 20th birthday and my hyungs were celebrating with me in the house. My parents were working overseas, the hyungs thought it would be too lonely for me to celebrate alone so they all agreed to accompany me and stay over that night.

flashback

01 September 2017
10.16pm

"Jungkook-ah happy birthday! Sorry we all can't celebrate birthday this year with you because we have an important project to work on. "

"It's okay hyung, thanks for the birthday wish! Good luck for the project!"

"Thanks, have a good night."

A loud sigh escaped from my mouth as I slouched my shoulders on the sofa. This year I'm gonna spend my birthday alone, huh? I laughed bitterly. Not only my parents had gone overseas, even my hyungs are busy too. I lazily got up walked to the kicthen to grab a glass of water when...

"Ding dong!"

The sharp sound of the bell surprised me and I walked towards the door.
Who could be here at this hour?

As the door creaked open, I widened my eyes as I see my six hyungs right in front of me!

"SURPRISE! WE BROUGHT PIZZA!"

Seokjin raised a box in his hands as fragrance of pizza oozed into my nose.
My eyes started to feel liquidy as the corners of my mouth raised. Warmth filled up my heart and I was utterly speechless.

Others smiled at me cheekily, satisfied with my surprised reaction.

"Hurry let's go in! It's cold here!"

flashback ends

There they were, celebrating the special occasion with me.

"Wooo!"

"Jungkook-ah, what did you wish for?"

"Secret!"

I answered while smiling gleefully which made them pout in disappointment.

To stay with you guys forever and ever.

"It's okay, we shall start present giving session! Who will start first?"

"Happy birthday maknae here are some lamb skewers i bought for you. Remember to leave some for me too will you?"

Yoongi grinned while opening the packet of lamb skewers as my mouth watered at the sight of his lamb skewers.

"Waa daebak, thanks suga hyung!"

I speedily grabbed a stick of lamb skewer and bit off a huge chunk of meat. I had been craving for lamb skewers for a long time because my favourite lamb skewer shop closed down for renovation for some time. As it reopened recently, Yoongi surprised me by taking away lamb skewers for my birthday celebration.

"Jungkook-ah I bought the video game you've wanted for a long time for you."

Namjoon smiled as he handed it to me.

"Thanks Namjoon hyung! You're the best!"

I stared at the video game happily like a kid. I had been nagging about how much I wanted to buy it at the video game shop the other day when I went with Namjoon. Surprisingly, Namjoon remembered it.

Meanwhile, Hoseok and Seokjin prepared something too.

"Jang jang!"

Seokjin passed me a box and I opened my eyes wide.
It was a really nice and stylish pair of shoes. My old Adidas shoes spoiled long time ago and I was really upset about it. However, Seokjin and Hoseok decided to split up the money to buy me a new pair.

"Jin hyung and I picked these for really long! Do you like it?"

Hoseok flipped his hair proudly.

"Of course! Thank you so much, I totally didn't expect this!"

Next, Taehyung went in front of me and gave me a clover-shaped lucky charm keychain.

"Yah Taehyung, that's all you have for Jungkook?"

"Ah hyung~ Don't look down on this, I got it specially from the famous temple down the street this morning that can give people good fortune and luck! There were so many people queing to get it I waited for an hour!

Taehyung pouted sadly.

"Ah that temple! I heard the charm really works."

Jin widened his eyes in amaze.

"Thanks V hyung!"

All of a sudden, Jimin placed a huge rabbit soft toy in front of my face, making me lean back in surprise.

"Tada! Isn't this cute and fluffy?"

Jimin moved the soft toy up and down, attempting to show its cuteness.

"Thank you Jimin! This is so adorable!"

I hugged the soft toy tightly then admired it. It looked so fluffy I could hug it forever.

"Yah, where's the 'hyung' behind my name?"

Jimin puffed his cheeks, pretending to be angry.

"Thank you Park Jimin"

"Yah, Jeon-"

"Okay okay you guys! Stop acting like kids! Let's eat the cake!"

Hoseok demanded.

Yoongi then helped to cut the cake into slices and Jimin helped to move them onto plates and gave to the rest.

While everyone was busy eating the cake and pizza, I decided to stand up. The others looked at me curiously before I spoke,

"I'm really thankful that all of you are willing to be with me tonight. And thank you for the good care and advice you have given me. Without you guys, I don't know what I would have become today."

Indeed, it was all thanks to my hyungs I became a part of the successful group now. All along, they had been treating me like their own brother, and they were all one family to me.

Everyone's eyes softened as they heard the maknae's words.

"Yah, be more mature now that you have turned one year older will you?LET US DRINK UP TONIGHT!"

Jimin shouted in excitement.

Everyone laughed and nodded in agreement.

I opened up cans of beer on the table and handed to them.

All of us held the cans up high and shouted,

"Cheers!"

Who knew that the joyful night would turn into a night full of sorrow and despair?

a/n ;
i honestly have no idea where this story is going and i didn't expect the first chapter to be so long wow