Prolouge: Useful Or Risky?

Previously on Mech X4...

"Face it Ryan. You and I...we're the same."

(Shifting to the woods)

"Your brother was here." Seth informed.

"So your telling me Ryan tied you up and took your clothes?" Mark asked.

Seth nodded.

(Big scene)

The guys are holding Ryan back. His eyes were ice cold, the raw blue shade showing. The boulder sized rock was still in his hand. His focus never left Harper. All that went through his mind was elimination.

"Listen to me dingus! Killing isn't winning!" Mark told him.

"Is this really what you want?!" Harris questioned.

(Going back to the Mech)

"Did my powers do that to me?" Ryan wondered.

"Technopathy can be effected by emotions. It can't cause them." Leo replied.

"Then it really was me." Ryan thought.

Leo had left the room. However, he soon returned after he heard a loud scream. The oldest member saw the pilot on the floor nearly about to cry. He quickly ran over to him.

"Ryan!!" Leo shouted.

A voice returned to the young teen's brain as he blacked out.

"Don't be Seth. Be more than that. Goodnight, Ryan."

**********

Leo was in full worry mode once the young technopath's eyes had closed. He immediately took charge by picking him up and taking him to the bed.

"Geez, I haven't picked you up since you were a baby. Time certainly does fly." Leo commented.

He set him down gently. Running over to the machine, he scanned for any sign of damage. The door opened as Mark walked in. He saw his little brother passed out on the bed. He became concerned and ran to Leo.

"What's going on? Is he ok?" Mark asked frantically.

"I'm checking right now. Get the others." Leo told him.

Mark nodded and left the room. Leo checked Ryan's pulse and vitals. Heartbeat was fine, breathing was a bit shallow, but he was not still. It was within a few minutes that the young technopath began screaming again. He held his head, desperately attempting to get rid of the pain. He was failing miserably, which only caused him to scream louder. Leo went over to the bed and tried to call him down.

"Ryan?! Ryan?!" He called.

Mark, along with the others, had joined him. Harris went over to the machines while Mark and Spyder had to help Leo.

"Ryan?!" Mark yelled.

"How'd this happen?!" Spyder asked Leo.

"He was screaming on the floor when I got in here." Leo replied.

Ryan screeched.

"What if it's another vision?" Mark questioned.

"Yeah, but he never screamed this loud." Spyder responded.

His friend's constant yells of pain only increased the concern for everyone around him. He was holding the sides of the bed. The grip was tight, his knuckles showing on the outside of his hands. He wasn't moving around as much, but he never stopped finding some way to shout.

"There's something going on in his brain. But I don't know what's causing it." Harris informed.

"It's not his powers?" Spyder asked.

Harris shook his head. Leo took his turn at the machines and monitors. Something weird appeared on the screen as the younger Walker brother had sweat pouring down his face. He twitched here and there as you could tell he struggled to be calm. Mark placed a hand on his shoulder. That only made his family member jerk away. The sixteen year old removed his hand as Leo discovered the problem.

"Well, that's not it exactly. It's that blue liquid. It's been traveling throughout his body." He told everyone.

I'll give you a brief wrap up here. In Let's Handle The Power, it was revealed that a blue substance was formed inside of the young pilot due to his powers. It wasn't defined as okay or harmful. And based on what happened previously, the new liquid in his body only flowed throughout his veins. It seemed as if it was glowing. It's luminescent shine was crystal blue, similar to the technopathy within the teen.

"You can't treat this at all?" Harris asked Leo.

"I don't know. When I created this, if there were any problems, I made sure I knew how to fix them." He began.

"So, why can't you fix this?" Mark questioned.

"This shouldn't be happening. I don't how to treat it." Leo answered.

The screaming had finally withered away. The fifteen year old managed to breathe more steadily. He loosened the grip on the side of the bed and instead let his head continue to rest properly on the pillow. The twitching had stopped as well. He finally seemed to be calm. His eyes remained closed as everyone glanced at one another.

"Well, at least he's done yelling." Spyder stated, finding a bright side.

Mark sat down on the bed beside his brother.

"But there's no way it could be one simple fluid. There has to be something else that triggered this." Harris spoke.

"Maybe it's cause what happened in the woods." Mark guessed.

The black haired nerdy boy nodded.

"Yeah. His powers were going off when he tried to hurt Seth." He agreed.

"But visions cause him pain and Seth isn't here. What if it's just something different?" Spyder inquired.

Harris tilted his head as Leo pondered over it. Mark took that into consideration too. What could be the other main cause for Ryan to have so much pain?

"Well, we can ask him what happened when he wakes up. Right now, I need to find a cure just in case this could be dangerous." Leo said.

"I'll help. Spyder, I need you to help with watching the scans." Harris added.

The jokester nodded. The three of them started to leave the room. Harris turned back to see the former jock still sitting on the bed. His gaze was to the floor. The young genius sighed and walked over to him.

"He'll be fine." Harris reassured.

Mark looked at him.

"You say that every time something like this happens." He replied.

"That's usually Spyder. And so what if he does. Has he been wrong so far?" Harris asked.

He got up, leaving the sixteen year old by himself. Once the doors closed, he looked back at his little brother. His peaceful face relieved him a little. The older Walker brother fit his entire body on the bed. He continued to be by the pilot's side. That was something he would never stop doing.