Chapter Six: Double The Power

"Seth!"

Morris had ran into the base. He was searching for his boss. What he knew was valuable to him. Having someone double cross you is not a good thing. And if there was even a chance that he could do something to stop it, he was going to.

"Yo! You need to-"

"He needs to what?

Morris turned around to see the traitor. He crossed his arms.

"Where's the kid? Wasn't that your mission?" Grey asked.

"Yeah it was. But giving him to you might lead to something worse." Morris answered back.

Grey tilted her head.

"Why would that be worse?" She questioned.

"I knew there was something up. There was no way you'd team up with Harper after what happened." Morris said.

"Congratulations, you've achieved a 'duh' moment." Grey teased.

Morris rolled his eyes.

"What's your game Kim?" He inquired sternly.

"Why would I tell you? You'll just get in my way and tell Seth." Grey replied.

"Who said I would do that?" Morris asked.

Grey raised an eyebrow.

"What would your motive be for helping me?" She questioned in return.

Morris shrugged.

"I helped him with literally everything up to this point only to fail. He gives himself the credit when he doesn't realize he would be nothing without us." He explained.

Grey nodded.

"All true. So, are we good?" She quizzed.

Morris looked at the ceiling before answering.

"Yeah we are, but only on one condition." He stated.

"What?" Grey asked.

Morris walked up to her.

"You have to let me in on your plan. And if I double cross, you have permission to destroy me." He negotiated.

Grey took a moment to think. Seth's second in command and basically only best friend working against him? How intriguing. That sparked a sense of joy in her.

"Deal." The traitor agreed.

The two shook hands. However, it seemed as if they both weren't aware of the cameras. Someone was watching them from above. He had his feet planted on top of his desk. He smiled.

"Nice work." The person spoke.

*********************

It was 9:07pm. Two blocks down, there was a white house. Four people lived in that house, but two of them were on a business trip. The other one was over at a friend's house. That only left a young lady, who was currently on her phone. She was laying across the couch in the living room. She was videochatting with a friend at the moment. Her other friends were either busy or not in town. And with the house to herself, it felt much more comfortable for her to be extra loud.

"And then you flew in the sky?" Ryley asked.

"Yup. It was so fun! I honestly never thought I could do that." Ryan answered.

Ryley smiled. Like I said, if you haven't read Let's Meet Ryley, you won't get this part. But since I care, I'll tell you anyway. The ending of that reveals that Ryley discovered who pilots Mech X4. Her reaction was one they didn't expect, but it was better than her freaking out. She promised to keep the secret under wraps. She never even told Paige about it. That's why it was easier for the young technopath to vent to her.