Chapter Five: Making Change

The next day started fresh. The sixteen year old was clean and ready to head out the door. Thank goodness it was Sunday since he really didn't want to go to school. The sun's light shined through the window. The former jock looked around the house. His mom left for work an hour ago. The time was currently 9:35am. This meant that he was alone. That quickly became a problem. Why was he alone? Three people lived in the house. The sophomore shook his head as he went to grab his jacket. He put it on and left out the door. He didn't know where he was, but he sure was going to get busted for it.

*****************

There was loud snoring in the lounge. A person was sleeping on the couch. His hat was over his face. He had been up for a while last night and he was sleeping in. In another part of the area, an elevator appeared. Another person, shorter than the other one, hopped out. He was about to work on some stuff in his station, but he was a bit surprised at what he found. He saw that one of his friends was asleep on the floor. That puzzled the black haired boy.
He was about to say something, but the elevator had brought up another person. He stepped out and was ready to talk to the young genius. He quickly pointed to the floor. The sixteen year old looked down to see his little brother asleep. He became confused as well. After shooting another glance at his little companion, the former jock kneeled down and shook his family member.

"Ryan?" Mark called.

The pilot slowly opened his eyes. It took a few seconds for him to see everything. He looked up to find his older brother and best friend staring at him. He sat up.

"Morning." He greeted still sleepy.

"What are you doing here?" Harris questioned.

Ryan shrugged.

"Weren't we going to meet up today?" He inquired.

"Yeah, but when did you get here?" Mark quizzed.

Ryan stretched a bit. He then got up and walked away from the two. Both of them followed him to the lounge. The last of the four was still asleep. His arm was draped over the side of the couch. Harris walked over and shook him.

"Spyder?" He called.

The jokester didn't wake up.

"Yo buttface!!" Mark yelled.

The daredevil shot up immediately. He looked to see everyone staring at him.

"Oh hey guys what's up?" Spyder asked casually.

"Okay, when did you guys get here? And why didn't you tell us?" Harris questioned.

The two boys glanced at one another.

"We were...uh..." Ryan started out.

Mark crossed his arms.

"Trying to plan...your surprise party." Spyder came up with.

The others looked at him.

"My birthday was two months ago." Harris told him.

"I know that. I meant Mark's." Spyder clarified.

"Yeah...mine isn't for another three months. But thanks for trying anyway. Oh! By the way, I like anything related to sports or cash." Mark replied to that.