Chapter One: Within His Body

(After the intro...)

An hour or so had passed. The former jock was on his phone, texting his friend Dane. They were discussing about what they were going to do about the exam they had to take in two days. Mark only shrugged at the question. He didn't really have that on his mind. Not right at this moment anyway. That's when the sixteen year old heard a groan. He looked down at his right to see his brother moving. He flipped on his other side, now facing his older family member. Mark watched as the pilot's eyes reopened. He was at first a bit disoriented, but eventually grasped his surroundings. He looked up to see his older brother returning the stare. Mark was about to get up. He didn't get the chance to with Ryan engulfing him in a hug around his waist. That surprised the former jock, but he didn't fully dismiss it. He returned the gesture in curiosity.

"You okay?" Mark asked while rubbing his shoulder a bit.

The pilot only hugged him tighter. This made the sixteen year old more concerned than before.

"What's up?" Mark questioned.

His little brother was silent. The older Walker brother hadn't seen him like this since he was seven. The former jock was eight at the time. The technopath was sick and he hated being alone. He stayed off from school, but around this time it was the weekend. That Saturday was mainly annoying for Mark, but it was still one that never escaped his mind.

()

"No!"

"I'll give you 2 bucks."

"What am I gonna do with 2 bucks, dingus?"

"Dollar tree?"

The eight year old rolled his eyes.

"Mom!"

Grace walked into the room. She saw the younger Walker brother laying in bed. His family member was standing up with his arms crossed. Grace glanced between the both of them before speaking.

"What's the matter?" She asked.

"Do I have to watch him? I wanna play with Dane and Sean!" Mark whined.

"Mark, your brother's sick. I need you to watch him because I'm checking on my food truck." Grace explained.

"Can't you do that later? I'm bored. Dane and Sean are outside. I need sunlight. You know, playing for an hour is what you need per day. It helps you stay active and healthy." Mark tried to convince.

Grace chuckled a bit.

"Your staying your butt in here. And if I don't check on my truck, we might not have a house anymore. Here's a scrub mask so you don't catch what your brother has." She responded.

Mark took the mask and put it on. He was still upset and sat on the floor.

"Mom, he doesn't have to watch me. Where am I gonna go? I'm stuck here." Ryan spoke up.

"Exactly. Mark's going to get you whatever you need while I'm working. Whether he likes it or not." Grace replied.

The eight year old growled.

"Now I'll be downstairs making some calls. If it's too big, come get me." Grace stated.

She about to leave when Mark stood up and said something.