Chapter Two: Awake In The Moonlight

Owls cooed, with a light breeze blowing into trees. Animals were getting ready for sleep or preparing for the night. The neighborhood was silent and peaceful. All the lights were out. It was currently 10:42pm. Inside this house, a room was so quiet it was almost sound proof. Another however was filled with snores and a person turning from side to side. But just a few doors down came the last bedroom. A room that was hushed, but had no sleeping child.
  He was awake. Wide awake. The window in his room had the moon shining through. The light was casted on his bed. It was absolutely beautiful to see. The young pilot glanced at it from time to time as he sat up. This night brought a sense of de ja vu. He had experienced something like this before. Except this time, he was more in control. At least, he hoped it was going to be like that.
  He could feel it. The power that was genetically given to him was coursing through his body. It was like a breeze sensation in his skin. For once, he didn't feel that pain that had occurred earlier. It subsided for now, and he liked it that way. The young technopath crawled over to his window. He took a few moments to stare out of it. A sigh escaped his mouth as he opened it. The air hit him in the face. It relaxed him, but also caused a sneaky idea to travel into his brain.
  Quietly, he tapped into his technopathic abilities. A few seconds later, a machine arrived at his window. The upgraded stealth mode allowed the robot to be noiseless. The pilot smiled. He jumped off of his bed and opened his bedroom door. When he saw that the coast was clear, he shut it. The freshman locked the door and hopped back on his bed. He scurried over to the window. Carefully, he climbed down the side of the house. Challenging for the most part, but he managed to make it. Using his powers once again, the robot stepped on him.
  He didn't scream, in fear that it would draw attention. He made it to the top and walked out of the elevator. The teen made his way to the inner circle within the control center. He put one foot inside, with the harness coming down. He locked in and linked with the robot.

"Mech X-ecute." He whispered.

His technopathically piloted machine was ready to go. Turning around, the fifteen year old slowly left his house. He leaped and moved the robot however he pleased. That's when another idea popped into his mind. He was a little bored and he knew the one person who sheds boredom.

***************

This fifteen year old was on his phone. He was watching a video on YouTube. It was from an episode of his favorite show. He had missed it due to a monster attacking the city.

"Kick him off! Kick him off!" Spyder chanted.

He was hoping his least favorite competitor was going to be eliminated. The audience was with him as well. The results however shocked everyone. The person who was kicked off wasn't horrible, but should've seen it coming. But, they could've waited until next episode.

"Come on! Kick Omar off already! Nobody likes him!" Spyder scolded.

That's when he heard a knock. He turned to face his window. Outside, he saw a giant robot. It didn't scare him, but it surprised him. His phone rang loudly, causing his attention to shift to his device. He picked it up and answered it.

"Hey." Ryan greeted.

"Dude, what are you doing?" Spyder asked.

"You like crazy?" Ryan returned in question.

Spyder smirked.

"You know I love crazy." He responded.

He instantly got up and ran outside. The jokester locked the door and walked in front of Mech X4. His friend stepped on him, shooting him up the elevator. He hopped out as soon as he made it. He sat in his seat as the pilot began to control the robot again. The machine left Spyder's house. Both freshman were alone in Mech X4. The not-so-smart brown haired daredevil didn't know what his friend was thinking, but he didn't hesitate to come along.

******************

"It's almost too amazing to ruin."

Morris was walking around the city. He saw how big and electric the night could be. It felt like New York sometimes. Neighborhoods can be asleep while businesses could be making money 24 hours. Though known for nature, Bay City was still a city. Any city has its perks. And as for the word bay being in the title, well, a bay was nearby. An incredible bay to clarify. Fishes of all kinds swam in there. Some of which you'd probably want to stay away from. Overall, Bay City was a great place to live in.
  Seth had given Morris a mission. He wanted him to find and capture the team. Now honestly, he just wanted the main pilot. The full squad was just a little satisfaction for him. Seth had sent him the address to the house. At the time, he was dating Grace, so he did remember the place. He knew it could come in handy. This situation was a perfect example of that.
  During his little travel, Morris saw a doughnut shop. Missions and responsibilities came first. That was something that Morris knew since birth. But...how would you do that on an empty stomach? With a quick sigh, the second in command of Harper went inside the shop. He would do his duties for sure, just with a little cinnamon to spice things up.