Chapter 10:Ryan

I wake up and see that it's 9:00am. I get up and head downstairs. No one's at the table. Guess Anne's still sleeping and Rachel left. I sit down and eat. I hear people talking. I finish and I walk into the living room. I see Rachel and Jason talking.

"Good morning Ryan." Rachel says without her usual cheerfulness. Jason says good morning too and I sit down in front of them. They share a look and I start thinking. I may be fourteen years old, but I can think like they can sometimes.

"Where's Anne? I she still sleeping?" I ask them. They share the look again. Rachel clears her throat. "Umm, Anne is, uh-" Rachel starts off. She's not very good at lying. Trust me, I know. She more of the sweet, kind and loving sister. Now I'm not saying Anne isn't, it's just that Anne is more sociable and jolly in a joking way. She's noisy and loud and stubborn. I'm sort of like Rayanne. Except, in a boy kind of way.

"She left." I say casually. Rachel nods. "Where?" I ask. "Guess." Jason says. I think. Anne went somewhere yesterday and came back looking happy. And now she's an early bird and has left me puzzled.

And suddenly it clicks. "New York." I say slowly. Rachel nods. "You know, the Chaise family is a really smart family. Besides being good looking." Jason says with a smile. I know he's trying to improve the mood, but it doesn't help. I give a little smile and just stare into space.

My sister. The one who jokes around and plays with me. The girl who ruffles my hair and teases me. Rayanne left.

"Why?" I ask Rachel. "I think something's happened to her. Emotionally. She's not usually like this when our parents say no. She just gets a temper tantrum." Rachel concludes. "Yeah. You're right. I wanna go after her." I say. "No Ryan. We're all gonna stay here with mom and dad. We'll tell them at lunch after they fit their clothes for the wedding." Rachel says.

"But what if they want to go?" I ask. "They can't. Something's come up at the company and they can't leave." Jason adds. "Oh." Is all I say.

Please take care of Rayanne. I pray. I miss her. And I love her. Somethings I don't really say much. Except when it comes to family of course.

I get up and go up to my room. I get out my phone and text my sister. Hopefully she'll reply.

Rayanne? Why did you leave? I text.