Chapter 20:Rayanne

The next morning I just think of a plan on how to get us out of here.

Steven comes in with breakfast and he looks at the napkin on my tray. I read it. 6:00am. Tomorrow. Bust out. I'll come back at lunch time with more details. I look at him. He smiles then leaves. I look at Aunt Fae. She smiles too. I smile back. And I eat.

The rest of the time between breakfast and lunch, we think of how we can busy out. It sure won't be easy.

Steven comes in with lunch at 12:00 noon. I eat and feel a paper in between the napkin. I slip it into my jacket. There are cameras in this room. I know it. I turn off the lights and lie down slowly. We've been in bed all morning.

I read the letter squinting my eyes.

Why at 6:00am? Mark thinks that most people would bust in during midnight since that's what everyone does. So there are more guards at night than there are in the morning. I'll bring breakfast at 5:45 and we leave at 6:00. I arranged everything. We leave at the exit at the end of the hall to your left. Turn left then right. Go through the exit and I'll be waiting with a car. We'll get you to the airport and you'll be on your way to L.A. Be careful, okay?

I hand the paper to Aunt Fae. She reads it and smiles. "Why is he nicer than Sweetvict?" Aunt Fae asks. "Sweetvict is his uncle. He has no choice but to stay with him. He doesn't like being bad though." I explain. Aunt Fae nods. We nap again. This time until dinner. There's nothing else to do okay? So don't judge.

Dinner arrives and we eat. Then sleep. We're a long way off from the airport. A lot of things could happen. We need our energy.

At 5:45 exactly, Steven comes in with breakfast. We eat fast. The lights are still off. Steven leaves but places something in between the door so it won't lock. When we're done, I get up slowly with Aunt Fae following. Both of a aren't in good shape. Maybe Mark Sweetvict won't expect an escape.

We open the door silently and look both ways. It's dark. We walk slowly down the left hall then turn right. We see the exit sign. We open it and run as fast as we can, which isn't very fast, into the car and join Steven. Steven drives fast and onto the road.

"Thanks." I say to Steven. "No problem. I'm not bad. I never wanted to be. You're the first person they actually kidnapped. I wanted to help. I knew it wouldn't be hard because you're so stubborn yet smart that you'd figure a way out." He says with a smile. We reach the airport without any difficulty. Steven leads us in and calls an officer's attention.

"Officer. This is Rayanne Chaise and her Aunt Fae. Please get them to L.A. Safely. Their kidnappers will be here soon." He says. The officer smiles and says, "thank you. We will." He motions for us to follow. "Steven? Where'll you go?" I ask him. He shrugs. "Come with us young man. We need you to explain some things." The officer says. Steven shrugs and follows. A shot rings out and we turn around. Mark Sweetvict is walking towards us.

"Put your hands up in the air." The officer says aiming his gun. Mark shoots and pain surges through my body. I fall onto the ground breathing heavily. "Anne!" Aunt Fae crouches over me. Another shot rings out and someone falls beside me. I hear shouting before I slip into unconsciousness.