Prologue

*10 years ago... meaning i was 8.. Im 18 now btw.. Just whatever*

Its a warm summer day and im at the part with my mom and a few friends.

"Mommy im gonna go swing with Brittany and them okay?" I say and she nods.

"Okay honey, be careful! Dont hurt yourself!" She yells after me as I walk up to the swings and take the one closest to my best friend Brittany. To my (no so) luck, shes hanging out with Riley Parnell. Hes a meanie head.

"Hey Erk! Having fun hanging out with your mommy?" Riley says and everyone laughs at me, including Brittany. She is so hung up on him and I dont see why. Everyone is gossiping about some girl in our class and about how she picks her nose and stuff but i just zone out until Riley leaves.

Once he is finally gone, Brittany decides to tell me the story but i pretend to listen as i sway back and forth on the swing. As im doing so, i notice a little boy sitting in the sand box alone and looking down at his toys.

He seems so lonely. Ive never seen him before, so he must be new to town. Does he have any friends? Whats his name?

"And she totally wiped it on Mrs. Sallys table! How gross!" Brittany says, pulling me from my thoughts.

"Uh huh, hey whos that kid?" I ask and point towards the blonde in the sand box.

"Oh. Thats Michael. Hes a total weirdo. Hes new to town. I wouldnt associate with him. He gives my the creeps." She says, eyeing him like he is something she just scraped off her shoe.

"Does he have any friends?" I ask and she shrugs.

"Probably not. Anyways lets go, just being in the same place with him gives me goosebumps" she says and gets up off the swing, waiting for me to follow.

"Yeah in just a second. Ill be right back" i say and walk towards the boy in the sandbox, Michael, to be exact.

"Erika no!" She calls but i ignore her as i enter the sand box and stand in front of him.

"Hi! Im Erika" i say with a wave but when he looks at me, he just glares. Ouch.

"What do you want?" He says coldly. Well so much for a warm, friendly, gesture. As he speaks i notice an accent but i choose to ignore it.

"I wanted to know if you wanted to play with me" i say with a smile but he ignores it and looks over at my friends who are now glaring at us.

"They dont seem happy that your over here" he says and looks into my eyes.

They are beautiful, crystal green eyes that seem to peirce into your soul.

"I dont care what they think. I like making new friends" I say and i see a faint smile appear on his face.

"Why thought? People call me weird and stuff. Why do you wanna hang out with a weirdo like me?" He asks and i plop down on the sand in front of him.

"I like weird. Its new and fun" i say and a huge smile appears this time, i cant help but return it.

"So do you wanna be batman or robin?" he asks.

"Hmm. Batman" i say and he hands me his batman toy.

We spent the rest of the day playing and getting to know eachother. I learned that he is in fact my age, he is from Sydney, Australia; and he lives a few houses down from me so we wernt that u far apart. I also learned the little stuff like his favorite movie, his favorite, color, and things like that.

When it got dark, me, him, my mom, and his mom all walked hom together since we didnt live far from the park. Me and michael walked hand in hand while telling stupid jokes.

Once we got to his house it was time to say out goodbyes and i sighed.

"Well bye Erika! It was awesome meeting you! I hope we get to play again tomorrow" he says and leans in to hug me, which i happily return.

"You too Michael" i say and he starts to walk off but i stop him. "Michael?"

"Yeah?" he asks.

"Best friends?"

"Best friends."

A/N: hey guys! This my new fanfic called accidentally in love. I hope you guys like it. Ill be updating soon!! Follow me on twitter @erika_loflin on insta @erika_the_directioner on snapchat @erikaclifford486 i really hope you guys like it!!! It will get better. I promise lol i anyways stay awesome and rape unicorns! Byee guys.