Two

Levi Ackerman

He makes me nervous.
His name is (Y/n), I don't know his last name but I'm sure he knows mine. Everyone around this school talks about me because I'm a "freak."
And out of all of them, the only one who is interesting or noteworthy is him.

I've known his well kept secret for a while, he's very careful to hide it. He's too good at hiding it, it makes me angry.
Why aren't his friends smarter? Why don't they pay enough attention to him? Can't they see how he never wears anything but long sleeves?
Can't they tell how careful he is to hide his arms?
I don't think any of them have ever seen them.

And yet it seems like none of them care.
But then again it is only a theory, but I'm certain it's true.
But that isn't why he makes me nervous. He makes me nervous because he's so fragile, it looks like if someone even looked at him weirdly he would fall apart, and it makes me worry.

His words of defense ring behind my ears, teasing me with possibility and hope. I'm still shocked he defended me when Kirstein was talking trash.
But I swiftly crush the hope, destroying it and pushing it back with facts.
He would never defend you if he wasn't afraid of you.
I tell myself this so many times I can't see how I had thought anything other than that.

I haven't realized I'm staring at him until the teacher calls my name and the entire class turns to look at me. Including him.
I maintain eye contact with the teacher, and when she asks me a question I find myself answering without meaning too.
"I'm not focussing because I already know this." I say quietly, but the entire class most likely heard anyway.
The teacher raises an eyebrow.
"Oh? Do show us. Answer this questi-"
"Seven point five." I interrupt, rolling my eyes, the question isn't even hard why wouldn't I know it?

The teacher stares at me a moment before she moves on irritably with the lesson, but the class stares at me still.
I look at (Y/n), and we stare at each other, I'm drowning in his ethereal (e/c) eyes.
My heart speeds as we continue studying each other, he quickly looks away not long after though and I look away as well. My heart doesn't calm down.
I stare at the clock determinedly, ignoring everyone until the last pair of eyes finally look away.

I count down the minutes until we can leave, (Y/n) never eats lunch, he shares a few morsels that his friends bring for him, I'm not sure if it's because of his situation at home or if he's simply trying to starve but at least his friends feed him some.
The bell sounds and I stand, I don't have anything with me except my hoodie and I pull the hood up.
I'm the first out the door, and the halls are already swarming, voices and conversations everywhere, footsteps sounding, and it sounds like chaos.

But I'm not paying it any attention, all I can think about, is (Y/n).