Critique #1 - Scales

Scales by flyingunicornz

Overall, Scales is a good book with a unique plot and lots of fun cliffhangers!

Grammar: This seemed to be your biggest issue, Merida. I saw some typos with each chapter, and the dialogue was not always written correctly. These errors are all really easy to fix, thankfully, so you don't have much to worry about there. I recommend that you preview each chapter and read through it before it is published, so you'll detect and fix any mistakes you might find. 

Plot: The plot is nice, and the cliffhangers really want you to keep on reading. One thing I noticed, however, was that the build-up took a little long. I know that keeping it mysterious is fun and all, but you might want to reveal the information about the blue diamond bit by bit as the chapters progress, or else your audience may get bored.

Characters: Your character development is good, and the way you write makes your readers easily able to connect and understand the characters. A great thing you did was add a cast, so that people know what they all look like.

Summary: Overall, you did a great job! There are some typos you should fix, and maybe you could think about the plot a little bit, but Scales is still a good book. 

Rating: I would give Scales by flyingunicornz a 8.5/10.

Nice work, Merida!

—Jakayla