Critique #3 - Hidden Lineage

Hidden Lineage by SmartPocky

Overall, Hidden Lineage is an interesting book that is not your average werewolf story!

Grammar: This is a big issue, and in each chapter I could find many syntax errors and grammatical mistakes. You also tended to switch your tenses a lot. You should go back and comb through the chapter, changing it so that you could stick with one tense. I highly recommend you have an intense and thorough editing session. If you feel like you need help, there are plenty of good apps and programs that are made to help edit your writing.

Plot: The plot is interesting and creative, though at times can be a bit confusing. Flashbacks are nice, but you may want to consider putting them in a separate chapter so your readers will not be confused by the sudden shift.

Characters: I like your character descriptions, and how you wrote their personalities. Good job on this part!

Summary: I enjoyed the cliffhangers and creative plot. It was also neat how you integrated different languages into it. However, I think the general reception of the novel could be improved by lots of editing. Overall, you did a great job, Denali. Just be sure to watch out for those points!

Rating: I would give Hidden Lineage by SmartPocky a 7.8/10.

Awesome work, Denali! 

—Jakayla