Chapter: Why this?

Light's head was resting on his hand as he stared at the TV screen. There was a crescendo of music before it stopped and the title displayed itself.

Barbie as the Princess and the Pauper.

Light scoffed in his head. Did L really enjoy this rubbish? He was probably purposefully torturing Light by making him watch him repeatedly.

Light lifted his head from his hand and turned to look at L. L's face was only half illuminated due the dimly lit room. The shadows on his face, formed from the light coming from the television, highlighted the angles on his face and put a sort of twinkle in his eye; although Light knew that it was only because the reflection of his seemingly favourite movie. However, his otherwise expressionless eyes almost looked like they had life in them.

A song started coming on in the musical and L tilted his head slightly. Light found it quite beautiful how the strands of black hair moved with him before coming to stop.

After a few minutes, L closed his slender hands into a fist and bit his thumb lightly. His soft pink lips strained slightly from the pressure there. His lips were baby pink. Not too dark. But not the same colour as his pale face either.

Light shook his head and turned back to the TV. He suddenly felt tired, a yawn fighting to escape his mouth. He shut his eyes. After a few seconds he realised he couldn't really sleep. Not with all that high pitched yapping from the movie.

Another song came on. He really wanted to know the real reason why L kept putting this movie on. It had the most childish plot that was not thought out at all. Light would even admit that he would much rather watch L than this.

He yawned. He really was tired.