The Mechanisms

Chapter #3

( this was inspired by a Tumblr post but the picture isn't loading and j can't find who posted it so....sorry )

A normal mission, get some relic back for these aliens and then we’ve got another army to help fight the Galra. Till it was quite clear that the whole thing was a Glara attack. Lance was the only one harmed, and the only one taken. The others were forced back and kept away from Lotor and Lance. That was over three years ago and the team hadn’t seen any Galra or heard of any attacks since then. But they didn’t need to find the Galra, they found the Paladians.

“ The Galra are here! “ Allura yelled over the intercoms that went throughout the castle. The paladians were quickly to their lions and attacking the Galra ship without remorse. They ignored Allura and Coran’s plea’s to stay tactical about this but they didn’t care. The Galra had taken their family member and done who knows what to him. Keith was the first one to get in the ship with the others following in pursuit.

“ Hunk and Pidge you get into their security systems, Keith and I will check the cells “ Shiro ordered and Keith was already running to the cell block. Hunk and Pidge had access to all their cameras, looking through to make sure that no one was in their path. “ Some soldiers on your left, they’re in V formation. Two on left have guns while three in middle have blades. Expect contact in five seconds “ Hunk said through the coms. “ Thank you Hunk, engaging in Combat…..Now “ Shiro said and they attacked seconds later. Keith took out the center three while Shiro dealt with the gunmen at the sides.

“ Okay, the five are out. Are there anymore on the way to the cell block?” Keith muttered through the coms. “ Not currently but we’ll alert you if any show up. For now stay straight ahead till you come to a fork in the halls. You’ll want to take the right and come out in Cell Block 1. If you don’t find him there Cell Block 2 and 3 are continued down the stairs. “ Pidge said as she kept flipping through the cameras. “ Do remember to release the innocents if you find them. Coran has a helper ship attached to the belly of the Galra ship you’re on. Hunk you should meet up halfway through the exit to direct the innocents “ Allura ordered.

Shiro and Keith followed Pidges directions and found Cell Block 1 with some Innocents but no Lance. “ Lance isn’t in Cell Block 1 but 6 innocents are headed your way Hunk “ Keith said before they moved to Cell Block 2. “ You’ve got a centry type enemy coming up halfway through the Cell Block 2. It’s not letting me disarm it so it must not be controlled through their systems “ Pidge said before getting a camera more directed to the centry. “ Oh. My. God “ Pidge felt her face drain of all color when she realized what the centry was.

Keith and Shiro came up to it but were attacking first without paying much attention. “ Guys no! Don’t attack! “ Pidge yelled through the coms. Shiro and Keith stopped and took a moment to look at the centry. Keith dropped his bayard when he realized who the centry was. “ lance…..” He said in a broken sounding voice. Lances robot red eyes turned up and looked towards Keith. His head turned to the side slightly with clicking noises following each movement he made “ I “ a click “ am “ a second, “ happy “ The final click sent tears streaming from his robot eyes.

“ Lance…..Attack “